• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Drinkers and the Thinkers.

milts

Agreed, especially when some go round putting negative ideas in fans' heads. No City fan wants to hear their club disrespected, especially by those who are employed by the club. One example I know of was a player who will remain anonymous outside Arena nightclub, clearly tanked up, happily claiming that City are just "a stepping stone for me" and he went on to say "i'll be off in the summer", only to sign a new deal in the summer and in press releases claim that "i always wanted to stay here, leaving never crossed my mind". One of the problems, for me, seems to be that some of the players think they are bigger than the club. Wouldn't have happened in the Friend/Moxey era..
Well that's one of Duffy, nards or Nobel.. I'll go for the latter.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
We have too many players who think they are better than they are.

We also have a manager who has favourites.

Not a good mix.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

Not too many arguements from Lammington mate. :)

Go back to 3-5-2 and make some tough calls.

Antony Moxey

One example I know of was a player who will remain anonymous outside Arena nightclub, clearly tanked up, happily claiming that City are just "a stepping stone for me" and he went on to say "i'll be off in the summer", only to sign a new deal in the summer and in press releases claim that "i always wanted to stay here, leaving never crossed my mind".
Perhaps, rather than keeping a respectful silence, it might be better in the long run to name these selfish gobsh*tes and let people know exactly what some players think the club we hold so dear.

As Lammie so succinctly puts it: I'm fed up with it. Of course players have a beer, esp on a Saturday, but I do wish they would talk more discretly to fans on occasions.

He couldn't be more right.

mole221

Agreed, especially when some go round putting negative ideas in fans' heads. No City fan wants to hear their club disrespected, especially by those who are employed by the club. One example I know of was a player who will remain anonymous outside Arena nightclub, clearly tanked up, happily claiming that City are just "a stepping stone for me" and he went on to say "i'll be off in the summer", only to sign a new deal in the summer and in press releases claim that "i always wanted to stay here, leaving never crossed my mind". One of the problems, for me, seems to be that some of the players think they are bigger than the club. Wouldn't have happened in the Friend/Moxey era..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13484558.stm

"I always wanted to stay," he told the club website. "The club has been good for me and I've fitted in well.

That's the neares to the above quote I can find

Red the Paper

Banned
Mate, I don't think it's a secret is it? Every Saturday night I get texts from mates in clubs (Yes, hard to beleive, but i do have mates young enough to go to clubs)

I'm fed up with it. Of course players have a beer, esp on a Saturday, but I do wish they would talk more discretly to fans on occasions.
Problem is Lammie that the clique sapent most of the summer in Wetherspoons. Is it any wonder we are sh*te at the moment

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
We also have a manager who has favourites.
Well, obviously.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Well, obviously.
I'm still not sold on this idea. However, I can be a bit slow sometimes ...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Perhaps, rather than keeping a respectful silence, it might be better in the long run to name these selfish gobsh*tes and let people know exactly what some players think the club we hold so dear...
This I agree with 100%. And that's the beauty of the internet. Get posting people ... [y]

LOG

In all of my years of binge drinking around Exeter, i have inevitably found myself talking to various players at one point or another in pubs and clubs, and have heard many of them say many things that were anti-club.

Fuelled by alcohol, much of this has been because things haven't been going for them individually rather than on a team level, losing their place completely, only making the bench and so on, when they think, like most players i suspect, that theirs should be the first name on the team sheet.

Yes, they're young blokes with cash on the hip but they should present a collective loyalty to the club, their employer, and to the fans even if they don't necessarily believe it. All i've done is gone up to player X and slurred, you're that player X you are, and the next thing i, Binge Drinker Y, knows, they're telling me everything that i ever needed to know about how sh*t this and that is.

What's equally surprising, IMHO, is some of the players that i've heard this kind of thing from in the past, players you would never expect it from. Can't you be sacked for publicly bad mouthing your employer these days or is that something else that works differently in the wonderful world of football?

Then there's the question about whether their performance, fitness, or whatever, is going to be affected by throwing as much sambuca down their throats as they can.