• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Drinkers and the Thinkers.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to redress the balance a bit here. I saw a City player, in a pub, at the end of last season and took the opportunity to ask him whether he was likely to sign a new contract. While clearly a bit the worse for wear - it was, as I recall, the evening of the Sheffield Wednesday game - he had nothing but good things to say about the club. Moreover, he was entirely frank about his intentions; he said he'd love to stay but that ultimately it would come down to the money and if someone was to make him a significantly better offer he would, in all likelihood, go.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd like to redress the balance a bit here.
And you're right to do so. I've heard some very positive things from players but they're outnumbered by the bad. I guess they're more likely to moan than praise though, that's just human nature innit.

Anyone else here some of the players were in The New Inn on Friday nights and a couple of them were pretty drunk?

Could just be a rumour, but this is what I have been told. No players names mentioned.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anyone else here some of the players were in The New Inn on Friday nights and a couple of them were pretty drunk?

Could just be a rumour, but this is what I have been told. No players names mentioned.
Rubbish sh*t stirring mate. 0/10.

Rubbish sh*t stirring mate. 0/10.
He said he was actually in the pub with them. I didn't want to post it on here as he could have been making it up. At the same time, someone else on here might back up what he said & let the fans know about their drinking.

Antony Moxey

He said he was actually in the pub with them. I didn't want to post it on here as he could have been making it up.
So you posted it anyway even though you still don't know whether 'he' (whoever 'he' is) was making it up or not.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
New Inn is where Noble , Duffy and the like drink...

As for friday nights i bloody hope not and sure they wouldnt be that stupid.

So you posted it anyway even though you still don't know whether 'he' (whoever 'he' is) was making it up or not.
Correct, IF a couple of people on here back up what I heard then the chances are it's true.

Cerbera

New Inn is where Noble , Duffy and the like drink...

As for friday nights i bloody hope not and sure they wouldnt be that stupid.
After last Saturday's performance I could believe it. Maybe not of those two particularly...............

Mackster

We have too many players who think they are better than they are.

We also have a manager who has favourites.

Not a good mix.
Agree with this.

A couple of seasons ago the players felt they had something to prove, we had some local lads who played for the shirt and players who had been discarded by other clubs who had to prove themselves over again.

We finish one place outside of the play-offs places and they suddenly think they are nearly Championship players. Take out a couple of star players and you can see why we are doing a good job of emulating Swindon.

Red is quite right, the malaise was there for all to see in the Torquay PSF and its going to be a long old road for us to make up what we've lost in physical and mental conditioning. Ego's disproportionate to their talent is something Tisdale has not had much experience in dealing with, and he's not doing a good job.

I've been advocating changing the coaching regime by bringing in a tough person to support Tisdale and change the team ethic, it seems pointless bringing new players in if they are just going to slip into the cosy, lackadaisical mentality which seems to have infested the squad.