• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ground Rules

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
You have no idea what I do and don't have experience of. You want to give up smoking then do it. That you choose E-cigs instead shows how weak willed you are. Argue it how you like but that's the long and short of it - you lack the will power and mental strength to give up. If you wanted to you would, it's easy.
Sadly it's not.

motorservices

Sadly it's not.
Agreed,

and if it was our NHS and goverment with be skint with all the lost TAX on fags

Antony Moxey

Sadly it's not.
Happily it actually is. If you have the willpower.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jesus anton. Wind ya neck in. Be grateful people do still dmoke cos if everyone gave up, then you can guarantee you'd be paying more tax on other things to make up the shortfall.

Again, this thread was meant to be about ground rules, not you sitting on your pedestal cos you gave up the cigs so easily.

Maybe someone can sort you out with a medal.

Antony Moxey

Jesus anton. Wind ya neck in. Be grateful people do still dmoke cos if everyone gave up, then you can guarantee you'd be paying more tax on other things to make up the shortfall.

Again, this thread was meant to be about ground rules, not you sitting on your pedestal cos you gave up the cigs so easily.

Maybe someone can sort you out with a medal.
Who put you in charge? Why not take your own advice and keep to the topic yourself - do you have anything to add or did you just come here to moan about me?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ideal, 3 THREE Free oil and filter changes, gotta love the stealers service plan
Nah, they just pop in a new flint.

;)

grecian55

Personally, I miss the smell of smoke on the bank. Was part of the 'experience', bit like the pubs with their weird smells now there's no smoke to cover it all up.
You couldn't have missed the smell of smoke on Saturday ? from when i got in the ground until i left it was constant ,thank you so much for the Garage just up the road behind the BB for burning your rubbish /old tyres ,a most unpleasant smell twas too :S

grecian55

Happily it actually is. If you have the willpower.
And that is where the problem lies ? ,Everyone is different ? just cos it was easy for you why do you think others would stop so easily ,narrow minded view ? ,it's a bit like trying to stop watching ****e football ? i don't have the will power ,therefore i am addicted ?

redforever

You may think we would pay more taxes but think of cost reductions in the health service with less money to pay for smoking related illnesses like lung cancer etc

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You may think we would pay more taxes but think of cost reductions in the health service with less money to pay for smoking related illnesses like lung cancer etc
Actually, smoking is massively a net contributor to the Exchequer.