• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ground Rules

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Frankly, I couldn't give a **** about this trivial thread when the real issue is we're equal bottom of league 2 !
Perhaps this is not the thread for you then Crepey.

butch

As for your stink said:
Stinking car fumes are far worse in every sense, than water vapour. Whats next? banning steam mops.

Antony Moxey

I expected a better come back tbh
That's as good as is needed. Give up, it's easy if you have the wherewithall to do it, then you wouldn't have to worry about whether you're flouting ground regs or not. Plus you'll be a darned sight better off in the pocket too.

Grecian Max

Personally, I miss the smell of smoke on the bank. Was part of the 'experience', bit like the pubs with their weird smells now there's no smoke to cover it all up.

Terryhall

It might not be tar and nicotine, but it definitely isn't healthy. Especially if you are using VP brand e-cigarettes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasperhamill/2014/08/31/the-health-claims-of-e-cigarettes-are-going-up-in-smoke/

This is just one link but a google search for "e-cig health dangers" has a whole host of results - not just opinion pieces either but also actual medical research.

My view is that just because the rules don't specifically mention e-cigarettes doesn't mean that smoking them isn't still "smoking" - the rulebook probably doesn't specifically reference cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, rollups, joints or shisha pipes either. Smoking is smoking imo.

Terryhall

Stinking car fumes are far worse in every sense, than water vapour. Whats next? banning steam mops.
It isn't water vapour. Generally there is also a much higher content of toxic metals such as chromium and nickel. See the link I posted above.

geoffwp

I think the issue, as far as the club is concerned motor, could be more about the difficulty for stewards to know whether it really is an e-cig or real cigarette. There are plenty of places now that do allow e-cigs to be used, but I guess in a stadium it would make it difficult to steward.

cannockred

....and not only this, the government very shortly will be introducing legislation that includes e-cigs in the smoking ban, so, no e-cigs inside.

Cynic in me says that this is probably because of the pressure being put on governments by the tobacco lobby and the impact it is having on income.

denzil

Sod the e-fags why is no shouting/chanting/encouragement allowed at SJP ??????? Oh it is....................................!!!!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moxey, id heard from a few you were a bit of a **** but you're ******** above makes me laugh so much, were have isaid above im expecting someone else to take responsibility for me being a smoker???
Don't get ratty with Mr M ................................ just offer to service his car. ;)

Could probably do with another elastic band.