• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ground Rules

Tim Long

There are worse things that you can be, erm, ejected from a football ground for.

Doubt that's specified on their ground regulations either.

contrabombarde

There are worse things that you can be, erm, ejected from a football ground for.

Doubt that's specified on their ground regulations either.
This could be the answer to our prayers for getting rid of our triumvirate. Most people seem to think that they are a bunch of wan***s anyway.

Otter Grecian

Two guys stood next to me had 4 bottles of beer and were drinking them during the match, stewards did nothing. By contrast last year I had an Apple Tango taken off me because it was in a can l-)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't get ratty with Mr M ................................ just offer to service his car. ;)

Could probably do with another elastic band.
My car came with three free main dealer services so there's no need to accept any such offers from elsewhere.

motorservices

My car came with three free main dealer services so there's no need to accept any such offers from elsewhere.
Ideal, 3 THREE Free oil and filter changes, gotta love the stealers service plan

Dobley

For various reasons, I accept a smoking ban to include e-cigs.

Although many places have actually failed to incorporate e-cigs into their smoking policy and therefore it can be a technical ambiguity, I can see the non-smokers point of view that what ever it is you are puffing on, its a generally unhealthy, unattractive activity. Being a smoker who fully supports the smoking ban on-the-whole, I have no problem with e-cigs being rolled into the package.

Forgetting the fact that you are still blowing smoke in peoples' faces around you, it can lead to confusion from a distance when all someone sees is puffs of smoke (especially if yours is the 'cigarette-looking' kind), potentially leading to needless confrontation or potentially encouraging someone else to mistakenly spark up as well.

And if you are that desperate for a smoke, a designated area is provided.

While I do have a tinge of sympathy moto given that other rules are overlooked or broken - either intentionally or otherwise - its not really a valid defence to say others are breaking the rules, so so shall I.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Ideal, 3 THREE Free oil and filter changes, gotta love the stealers service plan
It's better than no free services. The services are a bonus though, it's not the reason I bought the car, nor did influence me buying the car.

motorservices

For various reasons, I accept a smoking ban to include e-cigs.

Although many places have actually failed to incorporate e-cigs into their smoking policy and therefore it can be a technical ambiguity, I can see the non-smokers point of view that what ever it is you are puffing on, its a generally unhealthy, unattractive activity. Being a smoker who fully supports the smoking ban on-the-whole, I have no problem with e-cigs being rolled into the package.

Forgetting the fact that you are still blowing smoke in peoples' faces around you, it can lead to confusion from a distance when all someone sees is puffs of smoke (especially if yours is the 'cigarette-looking' kind), potentially leading to needless confrontation or potentially encouraging someone else to mistakenly spark up as well.

And if you are that desperate for a smoke, a designated area is provided.

Hear what you're saying, and TBH i thought they were part of the smoking ban (which i have say im not overly bothered by, i actually like going out and my clothes not stinking) but having since looked at other clubs rules i see most do state Ecigs of any type in with normal smoking.

TBH before i made the change i didnt bother going for a fag at half time, i do believe it is something the club needs to clear up tbh, and if they dont clear this up and continue to allow (they will as they cant police it) the use of cameras to film parts of the game then its double standards, all it takes is for someone beered up to get ***** and the break point is reached

motorservices

It's better than no free services. The services are a bonus though, it's not the reason I bought the car, nor did influence me buying the car.
Depends how long you wanna keep the car, if you own a German car then 3 services would total 6 yrs and 60K, at which point the Turbo (if its a diesel) will be ****ed and there for not worth keeping, its the same in any Trade i guess but some of the worst maintained cars i have in my shop have full dealer history

Antony Moxey

Four years, it's diesel, it's not German. I've had goodness knows how many diesels previously none of which have one less than 60k and all of which were moved on with the turbo intact.