• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Covid save Matt Taylor’s job?

dommers

Perhaps we should name and shame those Exewebbers who doubted King Matt.
Happy to be named. Can't argue about the league position and results but still don't like the bloke and probably never will.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happy to be named. Can't argue about the league position and results but still don't like the bloke and probably never will.
The feelings mutual. For me anyway.

Matt Russell

I don't 'like' the man who sweeps our road.
What's that to do with how good he is at his job?

budegrecian

I don't see what there is to not like about the guy. Sets his team up to play decent football, gives good interviews, answers questions honestly...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't see what there is to not like about the guy. Sets his team up to play decent football, gives good interviews, answers questions honestly...
Too honestly sometimes? I accept that it's a difficult balance in interviews between being bland / clichéd and critical, but for me he has commented unfavourably about individual players too openly (best done in the dressing room or one-to-one?) and was even a bit prickly in his interview today.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
was even a bit prickly in his interview today.
Compared to his predecessor he's a baby's bottom

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Compared to his predecessor he's a baby's bottom
Agreed but I wouldn't compare anyone with his predecessor, no-one else in football has that combination of arrogance and elliptical BS.

manc grecian

Has he had a go on Mrs dommers or something?

StroudGrecian

I don't 'like' the man who sweeps our road.
What's that to do with how good he is at his job?
You have a man to sweep your road?

eurogrecian

The obvious substitution was to bring Kieran Phillips on which almost worked last week.
Exactly. He chose a different option and got it spot on.
We’ve had some fantastic managers since the Trust took over and they’ve been given the time to show what they can do - unlike at many of the ´monopoly clubs’. All of these managers have made a great contribution to the club that we are now.
Let’s get behind the team and the manager! UTC