• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Covid save Matt Taylor’s job?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
A fair point very well made there CB! (y)

But how much "insider info" could they be expected to provide after such a short tenure?

paperclip

A fair point very well made there CB! (y)

But how much "insider info" could they be expected to provide after such a short tenure?
I see what you are getting at, but the previous forums I have attended have revealed very little "insider info" anyway.

Although the Tisdale meltdown in response to really quite a benign question on (IIRC) loan signings was something to behold!

eurogrecian

Could Covid end up saving Matt Taylor’s job?
No. Promotion will.
His game management has been outstanding this season. Bringing Podge on today was a masterstroke!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No. Promotion will.
His game management has been outstanding this season. Bringing Podge on today was a masterstroke!
I was looking for a Matt Taylor thread and you beat me to it. So pleased for the manager that we are finally getting the success his hard work deserves. It's been clear since he got the job the sort of team he wanted to build and he's finally starting to achieve it with a defence built in his image and hard-working, resilient players all over the pitch. I agree that his game management has definitely improved but it does help when your team are generally playing well and you also have more options on the bench.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No. Promotion will.
I'm not sure bringing a striker on for another striker who was running out of steam can be classed as a masterstroke.

Rosencrantz

I'm not sure bringing a striker on for another striker who was running out of steam can be classed as a masterstroke.
Bringing on the right striker might be though 😉

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The obvious substitution was to bring Kieran Phillips on which almost worked last week.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Perhaps we should name and shame those Exewebbers who doubted King Matt.

geoffwp

There are still a few who seem reluctant in their praise. Sticks in their craw somewhat.

No, let's not. Those who want to spend the time can go searching; those that did want Taylor gone know what they said.
Now is the time to pull together and get behind this manager and his team. UTC