• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
It certainly is a massively complex beast.
The reason why 'the science' should never have assumed immunity.

IndoMike

You get another pandemic.

When people say this COVID-19 is unprecedented they ignore history.
Apparently there are very many zoonotic corona viruses hanging out in the wildlife kingdom. Bats are superspreaders IINM.
Seems like the problem is when one strain hitches a ride on another.
It's common knowledge that due to the destruction of the natural habit of several kinds of wildlife, the wildlife get much closer to the farmland/ plantations that replace the natural habit. This brings farm animals and humans into much closer contact with the wildlife.
The Chinese were aware of this threat,which is exactly why they were working on these viruses in Wuhan.
IINM the Chinese expert on zoonotical viruses also collaborated with the major Australian laboratory that was working on the same research
If anyone thinks that this kind of virus can only originate in China they are very much mistaken.

IndoMike

The reason why 'the science' should never have assumed immunity.
The idea of encouraging a highly contagious and dangerous disease to spread through the population to create herd immunity (with no evidence to prove that it will) is absurd and immensely irresponsible, to avoid using stronger language

Legohead

Banned
As Alan Partridge once said, "if you mess around with monkeys you will pay the price'

Ok so maybe not pickled pangolins or fried bats, but wouldn't be surprised to see a skewered marmoset or two in some of these markets. Then perhaps another pandemic. Don't they have any McDonalds over there?

Last edited:

elginCity

I regret to say that if you think it can be eradicated you are looking for one of Elgy's Unicorns.

IndoMike

Thatcher turned the police into her personal rent a mob.of thugs, Do you not remember the pitched battles with the miners, the wanton destruction of the traveller convoy heading for Stonehenge, the battle hardened TSG squads ? I served on the jury for the case of an off duty fire officer. His "crime" was sitting in the pub when a drug raid occurred. He called cut to friend across the pub who was being patted down and searched "Who's your new boyfriend ?"; was promptly arrested, taken out to the van and given an horrendous kicking, jailed overnight and then charged. His father was actually a long serving police officer who resigned over it.

Now things might have improved, but there is still that element present, who arrogantly believe they are above the law., and now they are armed, which can and does have fatal consequences when things go wrong. No one should have been been hurling bottles etc at them, or chucking bikes at the horses, society has gone to the dogs. Their job is very difficult, and made much more so when politicians undermine them.
Can"t disagree with that. As I said, there will be rotten apples abusing their power or getting involved in corrupt activities . We need a strong police watchdog with powers to.handle that. But they do have a difficult job and we shouldn't tarnish them all with the same paintbrush, the same as we shouldn't with the demonstrators

IndoMike

As Alan Partridge once said, "if you mess around with monkeys you will pay the price'

Ok so maybe not pickled pangolins or fried bats, but wouldn't be surprised to see a skewered marmoset or two in some of these markets. Then perhaps another pandemic. Don't they have any McDonalds over there?
Are there bats oop north, Lego. Better make sure one doesn't pee on your haddock and chips...😉

IndoMike

And the unicorn says : "I'm only trying to make things better"..

Alistair20000

elginCity

Took me back.

Villa Park FA Cup semi-final 1980 Everton v West Ham. Walking past a police horse outside the ground being ridden by one of West Midlands finest.

"Pick it up !" he snarls, face like thunder, pointing to a West Ham scarf on the ground.

"It's not mine" says I, quite reasonably.

"PICK IT UP !!" says he, quite unreasonably.

"Why ?" says I, starting to push my luck. The twig was brandished and raised above his head. I picked it up, jogged on, feeling humiliated.