• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
As Alan Partridge once said, "if you mess around with monkeys you will pay the price'

Ok so maybe not pickled pangolins or fried bats, but wouldn't be surprised to see a skewered marmoset or two in some of these markets. Then perhaps another pandemic. Don't they have any McDonalds over there?

Quite a few zoonotic diseases in the UK, chaps. If one breaks out in the UK we can blame the Chinese

elginCity

So they do exist :)
You know they do, Brexit Boy ! ;)

Legohead

Banned
Are there bats oop north, Lego. Better make sure one doesn't pee on your haddock and chips...😉
There are indeed bats up here Mike. I often watch them at dusk flying over the houses and in between the trees. Never once considered catching one and deep frying it though.

IndoMike

So they do exist :)
You are Don Quixote and I claim my 5 Euros.

Legohead

Banned

Quite a few zoonotic diseases in the UK, chaps. If one breaks out in the UK we can blame the Chinese
We know. Even if coronavirus didn't come from China (which hasn't been proven yet) it is still not humane to be catching random wildlife, keeping them in atrocious conditions and then skewering and consuming them as if they don't matter. Regardless of which country it is.

Oldsmobile-88

We need a strong police watchdog with powers to.handle that.
The IPCC is a strong watchdog.

I honestly despair with what is happening at the moment..Covid.A government that has not got a grip on anything.People mixing freely on ill advised gatherings at beaches & demos.
A lot of them are going to reap what they sow.

It’s bizarre that the main talking point in the news is a old statue being pulled over no doubt pleasing government spin doctors & thereby deflecting the spotlight on more important issues of the day.

IndoMike

There are indeed bats up here Mike. I often watch them at dusk flying over the houses and in between the trees. Never once considered catching one and deep frying it though.
I was offered a bat to eat once in a street cafe. It's a delicacy in the Christian part of Sulawesi (Celebes).Muslims can't eat them, of course

IndoMike

We know. Even if coronavirus didn't come from China (which hasn't been proven yet) it is still not humane to be catching random wildlife, keeping them in atrocious conditions and then skewering and consuming them as if they don't matter. Regardless of which country it is.
Oh I agree 100%.

elginCity

I was offered a bat to eat once in a street cafe. It's a delicacy in the Christian part of Sulawesi (Celebes).Muslims can't eat them, of course
Me too, at a hawker's stall in Surabaya.

IndoMike

UK politics live: Starmer says Colston statue should have been removed, but pulling it down ‘completely wrong’