• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can’t be far away surely??

Oldsmobile-88

Worrying times.

When most of us were younger,the threat of nuclear Armageddon was always hanging over us.
The threat was always in the background & few of us gave it much thought.

Economic & health Armageddon are much more tangible to us all.

DB9

If it helps the NHS and suchlike then it's a price worth paying

Oldsmobile-88

Real problems will start when Schools are closed
in a lockdown.

DB9

Real problems will start when Schools are closed
in a lockdown.
Yep agree with that, Not sure if shutting schools is the answer, Kids luckily seem to be only having real mild symptoms and not affecting them too much, So do you close schools etc and risk the economy melting because parents will have to take time off to look after them because Grand parents won't be able to?

Oldsmobile-88

My son has just messaged me that Berlin is in lockdown.
Bars were shut yesterday afternoon with customers not allowed to finish their drinks !

DB9

My son has just messaged me that Berlin is in lockdown.
Bars were shut yesterday afternoon with customers not allowed to finish their drinks !
Berlin have a bunker there, Suggest to him to go there 😆

Red Devon

Yep agree with that, Not sure if shutting schools is the answer, Kids luckily seem to be only having real mild symptoms and not affecting them too much, So do you close schools etc and risk the economy melting because parents will have to take time off to look after them because Grand parents won't be able to?
Trouble is they then take it home to Mum & Dad who then take the virus into the workplace and so it goes on!

DB9

Trouble is they then take it home to Mum & Dad who then take the virus into the workplace and so it goes on!
Vicious circle but i guess those in work in the main are fit and healthy and not of pensionable age where this virus is at its worse? Just a thought

GJW

Well, our local Junior Parkrun was on this morning (in the rain). 2 of my children ran. There was probably just over 60 kids running. All outdoor and healthy environment. Normal precautionary warnings about the virus at the start by the Run Director. The kids have still got to get their exercise and when gatherings are small (i.e. less than 100) and they are not in close contact with each other then to my mind this is ok.