• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who would you try to get rid of in the summer?

paperclip

Re: Who would you try to get rid off in the summer?

I keep being drawn to this thread as I find it really interesting. Just a quick question, I know most of us are down in the dumps after our post grimes collapse, but bearing in mind we are in the basement division, where hardly any teams have perfect squads, how many share the view that 3 quality additions would be enough for us to rise above the dross ?.......and if that happened are we close to a successful side ?
I think that 3 quality additions (one of which has to be a solid centre half) and sorting out the formations played (by which I include playing players in the right positions) would see us rise above the dross, yes.

Is Tisdale the right man to do this at the present time? Almost certainly not IMO.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I keep being drawn to this thread as I find it really interesting. Just a quick question, I know most of us are down in the dumps after our post grimes collapse, but bearing in mind we are in the basement division, where hardly any teams have perfect squads, how many share the view that 3 quality additions would be enough for us to rise above the dross ?.......and if that happened are we close to a successful side ?
I actually think we've already got the basis of a good team at this level

Sadly a lot of them don't get played in the correct position or often enough

Somebody to partner Tom Nichols

Somebody to partner JMT

And somebody to help Harley by going around kicking people up in the air allowing him freedom

Add those and we wouldn't be far off the top - If Wycombe can get in he top 3 so could we

Grecian_Jay

Jay do you think the players we have are good enough to get us out of this league? I know you dont like tizza but surely there ability should shine through regardless of tactics in place
Hard for me to say as haven't seen them all for a couple of years. I know that a fresh approach is needed throughout the club though, the fans are stale and everything about the club is stale.

Nichols, Wheeler, JMT are decent at this level. Im not a fan of having more than 3 over 30's outfield, we seem to have 100.

manc grecian

That's about right I reckon. Decent use of the loan system to help with the depth of the squad and we wouldn't be far off.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I would get rid of

Woodman
And Butterfield

Out of Mcallister, Oakley, Davies, Morrison we can only keep them if we aren't going sign anyone else of a similar age.

Of the youngsters its decision time re tillson, jay, and mcready. They need to be given a chance or use the budget for someone else.

Number13

Most of the panic bought recent dross can go (Mc, Morr, etc) and a few of the kids too, dont want too many more Dawsons or Shepherds or Freers. Also one of the keepers so we can bring in a solid decent lower league keeper.

Its as easy as 1 new GK (see above), 1 new CB (good talker, strong in the air and on the ground to help form a partnership with JMT), 1 new CM (to kick people for the creative boys) and 1 new CF (to play with Tom).

We have the people to fit around these (Woodman, Riberio, Sercs, Wheeler, Jimmy, Cummins etc)

hatch4england

My termination list

Managers
P Tisdale

Defenders
Butterfield, 35
Woodman, 32
Baldwin, 32

McAllister, 36

Midfield
Bennett, 24
Sercombe, 24
Oakley, 37
Keohane, 24

Harley, 30
McCready, 23????

Forwards
Reid, 20

Cummins, 27
Morrison, 35

StroudGrecian

It's a bit late for that Andrew but I doubt I'd be on many retained lists for next season, 2015-16;).
:) Not top of my list Harris, I'd show the door to WMM, who seems increasingly unable to follow management's instructions; and Jason H, after some quite dreadful performances on the right.

Banksy

The root of the problem is Tisdale , doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. if he decides to keep a load of oldies and play everyone out of position the so be it. And we all know it will cost too much to get rid.......

Colesman Ballz

My termination list

Managers
P Tisdale

Defenders
Butterfield, 35
Woodman, 32
Baldwin, 32

McAllister, 36

Midfield
Bennett, 24
Sercombe, 24
Oakley, 37
Keohane, 24

Harley, 30
McCready, 23????

Forwards
Reid, 20

Cummins, 27
Morrison, 35
Suggest that you change your identity to "Hatchet for Exeter" ! :)