• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I might be wrong, but I very much doubt the operational costs of match day are the reason we don’t breakeven without transfer fees. Salaries must eclipse match day costs by a long way.

My hunch is that a match day with 2,000 ticket buying attendees would be far more lucrative than ‘behind closed doors’ matches which incur many of the same operational costs anyway.
But 2000 wouldn't all be buying tickets
At least half would be ST holders like me.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
But 2000 wouldn't all be buying tickets
At least half would be ST holders like me.
Ah OK, fair point.

I was hoping to get priority over ST holders because I was at the Southend match in 2003.

STURTZ

Why not play our games in Cornwall? We're tier 1 don't you know? 😄 🤪🍺🍺

iscalad

Why not play our games in Cornwall? We're tier 1 don't you know? 😄 🤪🍺🍺
EX postcodes only. I expect you'll have to move to Bude😄

budegrecian

EX postcodes only. I expect you'll have to move to Bude😄
Sounds good to me! I used to play for Bude Town so if I get the go ahead I'll see if I can get it arranged.

Trapdoor

Lots of clubs in Tier 2 zones are today announcing they will allocate 2000 tickets. Any word on when we will make an announcement?

denzel

Lots of clubs in Tier 2 zones are today announcing they will allocate 2000 tickets. Any word on when we will make an announcement?
The other clubs presumably have a home game on the 5th so it's more of a priority for them. We have made an announcement about the Pizza Trophy, first league home game is on the 12th.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can we deal with the problem of serving a substantial meal with an alcoholic drink? The definition of a substantial meal doesn't seem well defined, with a pasty on it's own considered not to be. With only 2000 people allowed in then the Club will want to raise income by whatever means necessary, and the hospitality areas upstairs are big enough to accommodate sufficient fans.

malcolms

Can we deal with the problem of serving a substantial meal with an alcoholic drink? The definition of a substantial meal doesn't seem well defined, with a pasty on it's own considered not to be. With only 2000 people allowed in then the Club will want to raise income by whatever means necessary, and the hospitality areas upstairs are big enough to accommodate sufficient fans.
George Eustace said this morning on LBC that a 'Scotch Egg' would be...They don't have a 'scooby'

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
George Eustace said this morning on LBC that a 'Scotch Egg' would be...They don't have a 'scooby'
The Oddfellows on New North Road do a nice scotch egg, they add some lettuce to the plate. Maybe that's what makes it substantial :)

Status
Not open for further replies.