• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkymorrinmunter

Up to 2,000, subject to social distancing/logistics.
And cant even have a pint before a match,,unless one has a substantial meal,,cant imagine the duke of york doing that

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
And cant even have a pint before a match,,unless one has a substantial meal,,cant imagine the duke of york doing that

Do Hog Roast Baps count as a substantial meal? Certainly fills me up

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

tonykellowfan

If the club do go forward with 2000 fans, will the game still be available to UK watchers on ifollow?

That isn't a given at all and would be a backward step.

Boyo

I wonder what this break even attendance is for City? I suspect that the "Gates Committee" will have good idea. Their input into the financial planning decides on budgets, Shirley? A devil's advocate would say that our attendances pre-COVID were not large enough to break even, looking at the Balance Sheet (obs without transfer income, blah blah). Same the Football League over.
An easy question, but at the risk of being pedantic, very difficult to answer. It will depend on how many season ticket holders attend. Additionally there are different price points for seating vs terracing and different price points for adults, students, over 60's, kids etc. A ground full of adults will generate more than 3 times the income compared to a ground full of kids.

On that point, I wonder whether there will be a different price structure for these games, to minimise the risks?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the club do go forward with 2000 fans, will the game still be available to UK watchers on ifollow?

We await to hear on that one, but I don't see why not and "I predict a riot" if they tried to stop it. There will be a lot of vulnerable and/or elderly supporters that wouldn't risk coming back until Covid is no longer a threat and clubs will be worse of financially by opening grounds for 2,000 fans than not opening at all. The income from the online stream (about £8.30 per purchase) would help to offset that. I will be surprised if it is not a combination of both for a while.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster

I'm pretty certain iFollow will be available for every game for the rest of the season.

wiveygrecian

I'm pretty certain iFollow will be available for every game for the rest of the season.
iFollow will keep showing all the games until it is reviewed , if the capacity of a ground is over 50% full is what I understood

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
No chance they'll drop ifollow all of this season. If not just get a free VPN...

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder what this break even attendance is for City? I suspect that the "Gates Committee" will have good idea. Their input into the financial planning decides on budgets, Shirley? A devil's advocate would say that our attendances pre-COVID were not large enough to break even, looking at the Balance Sheet (obs without transfer income, blah blah). Same the Football League over.
I might be wrong, but I very much doubt the operational costs of match day are the reason we don’t breakeven without transfer fees. Salaries must eclipse match day costs by a long way.

My hunch is that a match day with 2,000 ticket buying attendees would be far more lucrative than ‘behind closed doors’ matches which incur many of the same operational costs anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.