• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can we deal with the problem of serving a substantial meal with an alcoholic drink? The definition of a substantial meal doesn't seem well defined, with a pasty on it's own considered not to be. With only 2000 people allowed in then the Club will want to raise income by whatever means necessary, and the hospitality areas upstairs are big enough to accommodate sufficient fans.
I picked this off some Sky News reports:

The guidelines define "substantial meals" as "a full breakfast, main lunchtime or evening meal".

Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick also previously defined it as one "you would expect to have as a midday meal or an evening meal" - and appeared to rule out traditional pub snacks like a packet of crisps or a side of fries.

I believe George Eustice another minister opined that a scotch egg would amount to a substantial meal. Can one rely on his view ?

This sort of nonsense is what you get when they try to micromanage our lives to the nth degree

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I picked this off some Sky News reports:

The guidelines define "substantial meals" as "a full breakfast, main lunchtime or evening meal".

Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick also previously defined it as one "you would expect to have as a midday meal or an evening meal" - and appeared to rule out traditional pub snacks like a packet of crisps or a side of fries.

I believe George Eustice another minister opined that a scotch egg would amount to a substantial meal. Can one rely on his view ?

This sort of nonsense is what you get when they try to micromanage our lives to the nth degree
Can't be much fun if you're planning stuff.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Can't be much fun if you're to plan stuff.
Yes exactly

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
a side of fries.
Another awful Americanism. We don't have a side of fries in the UK, we have a plate or bowl of chips.

In any case the definition of dinner in Mansfield is "a bag of chips".

Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

Another awful Americanism. We don't have a side of fries in the UK, we have a plate or bowl of chips.

In any case the definition of dinner in Mansfield is "a bag of chips".
Thankfully on this occasion JW I was only quoting and not using the dreadful Americanism myself. :)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thankfully on this occasion JW I was only quoting and not using the dreadful Americanism myself. :)
Understood, but in these "woke" days we need trigger warnings for that kind of stuff. Could have caused me to have a heart attack. :ROFLMAO:

SimonBB

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I won't be claiming my ticket (as a season ticket holder) for the Harrogate game, does that mean it'll be available for someone else to use?

Spoonz Red E

I won't be claiming my ticket (as a season ticket holder) for the Harrogate game, does that mean it'll be available for someone else to use?
I'm hoping we'll have a system so that those who could come but won't for any reason can let the Club know.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm hoping we'll have a system so that those who could come but won't for any reason can let the Club know.
Good. I would hope that those that can't attend put their ticket back in to the Club rather than give to a mate, or heaven forbid an opposition supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.