• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couple of good watches on the beeb.

A programme about the new Bury FC setup and an update on the Rob Burrow story. Both on the iplayer. Very dusty watching the second one

Spoonz Red E

Used to love The Bill, me. Who are the main characters where you’re up to?

PS google what Reg Hollis looks like now.
Quite some transformation ...

He was on a bit of a downer after being sacked from the Bill

Here's a film he made after the Bill (winning the best actor award ~ Manhattan film festival)

Oldsmobile-88

A heads up for White Riot on Sky Arts Friday 16th October at 10pm.

The film has had good reviews.It is a uncomfortable look back at times of Britain in the 1970s with the consequential birth of Rock Against Racism.

On tonight...Already set my recorder.

After there is a good documentary by Don Letts,Dread meets Punk Rockers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Criminal, on Netflix, two series so far. Special police interrogation unit that investigates some tough cases. Each episode features one suspect interview, focusing on the interview room. Some great actors get interrogated, including David Tennant. All very good.

Mr Jinx

On tonight...Already set my recorder.

After there is a good documentary by Don Letts,Dread meets Punk Rockers.
Love Don Letts, me. Video recorder's gonna be busy tonight!

DB9

Just watched the first episode of series 3 Star Trek Discovery on Netflix. If this is anything to go by the rest are going to be frigging awesome. One thing you have to say about these big streaming studios is that they put a lot of money into them, Not just the props or the special effects but the writing is really good too. Downside only is they're streaming the episodes weekly as I could really binge watch it.

Avening Posse

Watched David Attenborough - A life on our Planet last night. Always been a fan of his, and hopefully it resonates. I suspect it will not make a jot of difference though, as others who have covered this important issue on the screen are soon ignored. Excellent documentary of how he has seen with his own eyes the excesses and destruction of the planet, and good stats as it goes along to get the point across. Possibly something everybody should watch but probably won't.

Red Devon

Watching Strictly pairings.

Banksy

Just watched the first episode of series 3 Star Trek Discovery on Netflix. If this is anything to go by the rest are going to be frigging awesome. One thing you have to say about these big streaming studios is that they put a lot of money into them, Not just the props or the special effects but the writing is really good too. Downside only is they're streaming the episodes weekly as I could really binge watch it.
I half heartedly started that series but didn’t have the stamina to finish that one episode.Pity , because in the past I’ve watched everything Star Trek has thrown at me series and films.Just can’t seem to get into much at the moment.How does it compare with the likes of Jean-Luc and Co?

DB9

I half heartedly started that series but didn’t have the stamina to finish that one episode.Pity , because in the past I’ve watched everything Star Trek has thrown at me series and films.Just can’t seem to get into much at the moment.How does it compare with the likes of Jean-Luc and Co?
TBH it doesn't compare, Even though in the Star Trek timeline this comes before Jean-Luc and even Kirk because it's made now the effects make it as you really have to keep telling yourself it's before Kirk, Not by much though. I am loving it though and it is worth keeping at it if you're a bit of a Trekkie like me.