• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes , love those alternative timeline sort of stories. Ellison was a good sci fi writer you can always tell the good episodes by the particular writer.What if ...... Simple one what if Harold hadn’t had to fight Harald Hardrada at Stamford Bridge and had his full army and been fresh at Hastings instead of marching halfway across the country. Wonder what a Saxon society with no Normans in charge would have been like. Or if the Germans got the Atomic bomb first , Man in the High Castle stuff here. History finally balanced on one little thing.
I like them as well, One that could have been so much better was that series on BBC1 which only lasted for one series was SSGB, Set in the 1940's and the Nazis had successfully invaded and taken over the UK, I was really looking forward to it but it did not quite deliver. There were real problems with the sound, Many viewers complained of mumberling but the writing just wasn't great, I'm not sure if it was taken from a book or not.

Banksy

Or Fatherland with Rutger Hauer based on the book. Good made for television film that.Available as a good copy to watch on YouTube.SSGB was from a book by Len Deighton .

Last edited:

DB9

Or Fatherland with Rutger Hauer. Good made for television film that.Available as a good copy to watch on YouTube.
Been years since I've watched that. One show that went under the radar about alternate worlds was Sliders, Made late 90's/early 2000's? I enjoyed that one, Think it was on BBC2 at the 6pm slot, A group of people "slid" between alternate Earth's, Same year as theirs but things like Dinosaurs still roaming, Electricity wasn't invented and other ideas, Quite entertaining programme.

Oldsmobile-88

45 years ago since this was first broadcasted.The first episode.
One of my favourite Fawlty Towers scenes involving ‘Lord Melbury’ played by Michael Gwynn.

Banksy

Not one weak episode in Fawlty Towers. Still split my sides when I come across an episode , any episode.

iscalad

Bury: Bringing football back. On the BBC news channel. Interesting look at the demise of Bury and rebirth.

DB9

Bury: Bringing football back. On the BBC news channel. Interesting look at the demise of Bury and rebirth.
Worth a look?

iscalad

Worth a look?
Indeed it was.

DB9

Indeed it was.
I must admit that I'm in two minds when it comes to the Bury fans, They were happy to go along with things when it was all hunky dory but when the shit hit the fan they were up in arms. Hopefully if I watch the programme I might be a bit more sympathetic.

Banksy

What I thought too.A lot of crowing going on as they smashed their way to League 1 all done on a not very level playing field. Now they’ve got time to reflect on the wrong way it was done , I don’t feel sorry for them at all.It’s a bit like Saracens and the way they won trophies to the detriment of Exeter Chiefs by their wrongdoing. At the time Bury did another team out of their rightful L1 spot.