• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember one window when we sold Mackie, everybody was on here expecting a buy, nothing happened. (Think Tisdale put in a gestural bid for James Constable that was never going to be accepted). Mass disillusion amongst the angry masses but we went on to get promotion anyway. Phillips, Stanno, Challiner and Logie stepped up to the plate and we won the play offs. (Not saying that will happen this year though🙄)
Getting your years mixed up there Sturtz

ryancooper327

Can guarantee you 100% that wasn't the club, there are many accounts on twitter that annoyingly use the club badge as their profile picture and have names including ECFC

Also those aren't the emojis we use or wording we'd go for!
Just want to say, the announcements were great this window! Well done.

SaintJames

Which part is an excuse, PT or otherwise although not sure why PT matters in this. We wanted to sign a certain type of player. We made attempts to do so (how many none of us know). None of the attempts came to fruition for whatever reasons, there could be many. We wait for the next window. That happens all the time in football.
Very true and anyone who has watched any of the documentaries on Netflix or Amazon Prime such as Tottenham or Leeds realise that transfer deadline day often has little to do with what the buying club want. Remember watching Leeds thinking they had signed the lad from Swansea, medical done, paperwork signed at their end till Swans pull the plug and following season he signs for Man Utd - Dan James?

andrew p long

Indeed. And the very annoying EFL Hub account gets accepted by many as reliable when it is usually rubbish and nothing to do with the EFL.

Rosencrantz

Getting your years mixed up there Sturtz
One year out as Ken Bruce likes to say. After Mackie left we were left with Stanno, Logie and Basham. Ben Watson then signed on loan later on to much indifference. Not forgetting Jamie Mudge on non contract terms 😉.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
One year out as Ken Bruce likes to say. After Mackie left we were left with Stanno, Logie and Basham. Ben Watson then signed on loan later on to much indifference. Not forgetting Jamie Mudge on non contract terms 😉.
I quite liked Ben Watson. Does he still work with Jamie Vittles guys? If so perhaps we could lure him out of retirement. ;-)

SaintJames

I quite liked Ben Watson. Does he still work with Jamie Vittles guys? If so perhaps we could lure him out of retirement. ;-)
Yes he does work for the Community Trust and involved at Topsham Town FC

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I quite liked Ben Watson.
Not many in that club.

ryancooper327

Indeed. And the very annoying EFL Hub account gets accepted by many as reliable when it is usually rubbish and nothing to do with the EFL.
I’d love to see more players call out the rubbish. Only needs one or two players to tweet about a made up rumour and that account will lose credibility and hopefully just... go away...

Rosencrantz

He was a bright, buzzy forward that will stand out for me in the Torquay away leg. Not just for having the bottle to take the pen but for the way he dragged Torquay's man to man system around when he came on. He ran Chris Robertson all over the place and crucially away from Logie for the pen and the third goal as well as setting up the fourth for Wayno. One of those players who played a crucial role in a big event even if he didn't kick on in the league.

It good to see he has stayed in the area and is still involved.