• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see ourselves and Shrewsbury Town are interested in signing Liam Sercombe. Via one of those Twitter accounts!

Not a convincing rumour I think, he very much wanted to get away from Exeter for many seasons, and while we might be looking at players I don't think anything more than interested would be about right.

I'll score this one 3 out of 10.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see ourselves and Shrewsbury Town are interested in signing Liam Sercombe. Via one of those Twitter accounts!

Not a convincing rumour I think, he very much wanted to get away from Exeter for many seasons, and while we might be looking at players I don't think anything more than interested would be about right.

I'll score this one 3 out of 10.
I quite liked Sercombe but thought it was a good idea for him to go to pastures new at the time.

He must be the polar opposite to David Wheeler in ‘putting his foot in it’ on non football discussions 😁😁

2/10 to come back.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
IMO it would be irreponsible for us to sign any new player until there is an announcement on when supporters will be allowed into games. In fact no spending commitments at all should be made for now.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
he very much wanted to get away from Exeter for many seasons
Wasn't that because he fell out with Tisdale? He may be more receptive to returning with a former teammate as manager.

Either way, we're well stocked in CM with seniors and youngsters.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He must be the polar opposite to David Wheeler in ‘putting his foot in it’ on non football discussions 😁😁
He once referred to City fans as "faggots" IIRC.

Alistair20000

Sercs was a positive menace to the corner flag, the Big Bank fans and the public in the roads around the ground when he leaned back to fire off a "shot on goal."

Alistair20000

He once referred to City fans as "faggots" IIRC.
I thought he said "I am told some of our fans are aficionados of faggots"

Love faggots me (y)

ryancooper327

So that's Sercs and that Grimsby chap. Anyone else?

dommers

IMO it would be irreponsible for us to sign any new player until there is an announcement on when supporters will be allowed into games. In fact no spending commitments at all should be made for now.
More to the point we need an announcement as to when football will start again!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So that's Sercs and that Grimsby chap. Anyone else?
I’ve seen the inevitable tweets linking us to Jamie Reid.