• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Please not Pym. Doesn’t dominate his area at all and miles off what we had with Dawson. Appreciate we likely can’t get Cam’s level but Pym would be a mistake. Was glad when he moved on.

This re signing old players thing - has Taylor ever actually done that? I can’t think of any examples whereas obviously it was part of Tisdale’s playbook.

Colesman Ballz

Please not Pym. Doesn’t dominate his area at all and miles off what we had with Dawson. Appreciate we likely can’t get Cam’s level but Pym would be a mistake. Was glad when he moved on.

This re signing old players thing - has Taylor ever actually done that? I can’t think of any examples whereas obviously it was part of Tisdale’s playbook.
I can't think of any either, although when he first took over the reins he did unsuccessfully investigate the possibility of bringing one or two back on loan, Iirc David Wheeler was one.

Agent Andy

Harry Lee is at least 2-3 years out from the first team. Offer a first choice keeper a 2 year contract then reassess at the end of that.

As I said before I think Roberts from Northampton fits the bill perfectly.
Is Jack Arther ready, he’s got to be 19-20 now , must be close surely, been given a new deal I think 🤷🏻‍♂️

Corey

Corey, pretty much how I read it. Perhaps if mansfield dont get promoted today we may bid for their Man U goalie?
Quite possibly. Didn’t we go for him last summer before he opted for Mansfield instead? So it’s likely we would still be interested.

iscalad

If Pym comes back, he is going to be around for quite a while. Don't forget, he is still only 27 with plenty of years left in him. So whether Harry is ready or not yet for the first team matters little. You'd like to think in a couple of years time when he is 19/20 he will be. Pym will only be 29, getting towards the peak of his powers as a goalkeeper. Do you see what I'm getting at?
As others have said. Offer a decent keeper 2 years.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kane Wilson is the only one I can think of.

Red Monster

Corey, pretty much how I read it. Perhaps if mansfield dont get promoted today we may bid for their Man U goalie?
I’ve got a downer on him after he gifted both FGR goals in
the final game Costing us the title.
Take a look on YouTube and workout what the hell he was doing
rushing out to the edge of the box for there first one.
He also dropped a clanger for MJ’s goal at there place.

sign of the chimes

But to be fair, Sheffield Wednesday fans said the same about Dawson and look how that turned out!
That's a fair point, and keepers often improve with age; perhaps he's just one of those 'keepers who when they make errors seem to do it in a particularly spectacular way.

Avening Posse

Why aren’t we offering one of our 2 young keepers the chance now?, I’ve not seen them but they are (well one of them) old enough in my view?. If we rate them enough to have them under contract we should take the plunge or get rid?

Agent Andy

Why aren’t we offering one of our 2 young keepers the chance now?, I’ve not seen them but they are (well one of them) old enough in my view?. If we rate them enough to have them under contract we should take the plunge or get rid?
You wouldn’t get rid of a 17 year old just making his way . Someone would snap him up straight away but you would have thought Arther was ready for a chance to shine .