• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Corey

How? Harry isn't ready for the first team. We need a No.1 keeper.
Yes but Pym would want a three year contract minimum you would imagine. If Harry Lee comes on leaps and bounds this year or next we need to have a spot available for him to earn without having already devoted it to someone such as Pym who will likely have playing expectations written into his contract.

Think we will almost certainly go for another loan keeper this season and my pick would be Carl Rushworth. Had a good season for Walsall last season including a fantastic performance when we went there despite the fact we eventually won and is ready for the step up a division. And Brighton have history of loaning goalkeepers out successfully, Robert Sanchez did reasonably well in league 1 and 2 before becoming their first choice keeper.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
How? Harry isn't ready for the first team. We need a No.1 keeper.
If Pym comes back, he is going to be around for quite a while. Don't forget, he is still only 27 with plenty of years left in him. So whether Harry is ready or not yet for the first team matters little. You'd like to think in a couple of years time when he is 19/20 he will be. Pym will only be 29, getting towards the peak of his powers as a goalkeeper. Do you see what I'm getting at?

sign of the chimes

Forget Pym. Should go and sign Lee Burge just released by Sunderland and was at Coventry before that and was in goal when they beat us at Wembley!
I work with a Coventry fan (who generally knows his stuff); who said Burge was a liability despite his involvement in their promotion from L2 (via the playoffs) and subsequent consolidation in L1.

IndoMike

I work with a Coventry fan (who generally knows his stuff); who said Burge was a liability despite his involvement in their promotion from L2 (via the playoffs) and subsequent consolidation in L1.
Yep, reading the Coventry fans forum they don't rate him vey highly.

AmberRed

Yep, reading the Coventry fans forum they don't rate him vey highly.
But to be fair, Sheffield Wednesday fans said the same about Dawson and look how that turned out!

IndoMike

But to be fair, Sheffield Wednesday fans said the same about Dawson and look how that turned out!
Good point.

Trapdoor

Harry Lee is at least 2-3 years out from the first team. Offer a first choice keeper a 2 year contract then reassess at the end of that.

As I said before I think Roberts from Northampton fits the bill perfectly.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we’ll either sign a loan GK or someone older on a 1-2 year deal like Hamer.

Red Devon

Can’t remember exactly what it was but didn’t Lee Burge make some sort of horrendous error that lead to us scoring against Coventry in the league match at SJP a few seasons ago.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes but Pym would want a three year contract minimum you would imagine. If Harry Lee comes on leaps and bounds this year or next we need to have a spot available for him to earn without having already devoted it to someone such as Pym who will likely have playing expectations written into his contract.

Think we will almost certainly go for another loan keeper this season and my pick would be Carl Rushworth. Had a good season for Walsall last season including a fantastic performance when we went there despite the fact we eventually won and is ready for the step up a division. And Brighton have history of loaning goalkeepers out successfully, Robert Sanchez did reasonably well in league 1 and 2 before becoming their first choice keeper.
Corey, pretty much how I read it. Perhaps if mansfield dont get promoted today we may bid for their Man U goalie?