• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are a few Pate clones sticking their "heads over the parapet" on this thread this afternoon ! :p

Grecian2K

How high is the parapet?

Colesman Ballz

How high is the parapet?
Exactly ! :p

IndoMike

Can't we just tie an orange box to his feet, like they they do with Diddy Tom Cruise (apologies for heightist remarks)...

Rosencrantz

Me too possibly lack of height which I think, unlike Cam, limits his ability to really command his six yard box.
I actually thought dealing with crosses was a relative weakness in Cam's game. He rarely came for any corners but he didn't have to with Stubbs/Ray, Hartridge/Cheick and what was quite a dominant aerial presence in front of him. You couldn't really say that about Christy's time in goal for us where Stockley was probably the best defender we had for set pieces.

Philecfc

I think Christy coming back would be good business. Until his fallout he was their number one. The only worry Is does he have ima track record Reported as a fall out with Tis then Ferguson. But as a keeper I would be happy to have him back

simcity

Forget Pym. Should go and sign Lee Burge just released by Sunderland and was at Coventry before that and was in goal when they beat us at Wembley!

grecIAN Harris

If Pymmy was to come back then he is blocking up 'the pathway' for Harry Lee.

iscalad

If Pymmy was to come back then he is blocking up 'the pathway' for Harry Lee.
How? Harry isn't ready for the first team. We need a No.1 keeper.

AmberRed

Taylor has asked about Pym, but Peterborough want a perm transfer hence a fee. As of yet Taylor undecided.

Potentially a loan deal to do there? Maybe Peterborough will want to do business as we did with them with JR previously.
Can't see this happening! He's pretty temperamental and the one thing about our group this year was actually how well they got on and wanted to play for each other! If he was that good, Peterborough wouldn't put him on the transfer list because of a falling out with an ex-manager! Didn't exactly have man of the match performances for Stevenage either!