• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Prediction/Discussion Thread

wiveygrecian

A few names there that I’d nearly forgotten about. Can’t recall Bradley at all.
Andy Cyrus was a regular in Club Rococo like most, guaranteed to score in there 😁😎
Surprised you don’t remember Shayne Bradley, that was his only goal , he linked up well with Gary Alexander

wiveygrecian

Bradley was a bit of a bustling blonde/ginger striker on a short term loan from Southampton I think from memory. I would have to have a look at Grecian Archive to see if it was any more than one month. Not in the same class of Gary Alexander and didn't link up with Gary as well as Lee Boylan did earlier in the season.
I thought he did and I saw a lot of games that season

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprised you don’t remember Shayne Bradley, that was his only goal , he linked up well with Gary Alexander
Not at all mate...I remember everyone from the 1970s & 80s though 😁

Gary Alexander was class, a shame the club could not afford the £100k fee(iirc)to sign him permanently at the end of the season long loan from West Ham

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was there as well. Kofi Nyamah was one of many promising youngsters who signed for City in the mid-to-late 90's and looked good for a few games but who then saw their careers go backwards and in many cases never played professionally again. See also Andy Cyrus and John Sharpe amongst others.
Shayne Bradley, on the other hand, I have no memory of but according to Wikipedia he was last heard of doing time at His Majesty's pleasure.
I remember seeing Kofi Nymah score away at Barnet in August 1999. Decent player on his day!

Rosencrantz

I thought he did and I saw a lot of games that season
He did alright but I thought Alexander linked up better with Boylan as a pair. Bradley was a bit too similar to Alexander.

Oldsmobile-88

I remember seeing Kofi Nymah score away at Barnet in August 1999. Decent player on his day!
Yep, remember that game 2-2, probably his best performance in a Grecian shirt.

wiveygrecian

Not at all mate...I remember everyone from the 1970s & 80s though 😁

Gary Alexander was class, a shame the club could not afford the £100k fee(iirc)to sign him permanently at the end of the season long loan from West Ham
Yes that was a big shame , he was quality and the fans if I remember tried to help the club raise some money for him

Oldsmobile-88

Yes that was a big shame , he was quality and the fans if I remember tried to help the club raise some money for him
Yes there was a effort to raise the fee. It was a bargain really. Lucky to have a striker of that class on loan for the season to a struggling 4th Tier team.

Rosencrantz

Yes there was a effort to raise the fee. It was a bargain really. Lucky to have a striker of that class on loan for the season to a struggling 4th Tier team.
He almost certainly was the reason we stayed up that season.

Bridgy 81

Anyway, back to our game tomorrow evening.
I’m currently at my base camp, which is within striking distance of Shrewsbury.
I’m hopeful (for me) of a decent result.
But if not, I’ll probably still enjoy it.
Strange, I know.