• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Prediction/Discussion Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think we've finally opened the goalscoring floodgates, even after the newborn Cox had gone off on saturday I looked at our forwards featuring Eisa and Alli and thought, these boys are different gravy there are goals here. Hate to be a happy clapper but I'm quite excited about the future with City. :D

Shrewsbury 0, Exeter 3.

Should be looking for all 3 points considering they're the only team worse at scoring than us!

andrew p long

Fair enough, but I’m still going.
I quite like awful places in the middle of nowhere on Tuesday nights.
gosh - that's what's said by people who go dogging! :eek:

Bridgy 81

gosh - that's what's said by people who go dogging! :eek:
Is it? I didn’t know that.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
I always find it interesting to learn something new 🙂

Mid Devon Grecian

I've not been to the new ground, but went to Gay Meadow a few times, and always thought the town was a lovely place, with some cracking pubs. It used to be one that we always went to. I seem to remember winning 4-1 there one year, with Christian Roberts running riot.
October 1999. No Roberts. Shrews 1 City 4.

City scorers Shayne Bradley, Jon Richardson & Gary Alexander x2

Kofi Nyamah was causing the havoc according to the report - I can’t even remember him!

I was one of the 2,052 in attendance.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
October 1999. No Roberts. Shrews 1 City 4.

City scorers Shayne Bradley, Jon Richardson & Gary Alexander x2

Kofi Nyamah was causing the havoc according to the report - I can’t even remember him!

I was one of the 2,052 in attendance.
I was there as well. Kofi Nyamah was one of many promising youngsters who signed for City in the mid-to-late 90's and looked good for a few games but who then saw their careers go backwards and in many cases never played professionally again. See also Andy Cyrus and John Sharpe amongst others.
Shayne Bradley, on the other hand, I have no memory of but according to Wikipedia he was last heard of doing time at His Majesty's pleasure.

We have 9 games left - if we repeat our points haul from the last 9 games (11 points) that will get us to 52 points at season's end. If you repeat this process for the other teams: Cheltenham and Fleetwood would end up with 45, Port Vale 35, Carlisle 26. Shrewsbury would also get to 52, while Burton (50) and Cambridge (47) would also end up below us, so there's a decent cushion. I realise this won't happen but gives us grounds for optimism based on current form.

spodman

Is Sweeney now suspended ?

Edit : It looks like he may be on 9 so possibly one more before week 32 - whenever that is, and how does that work as clubs have postponements and so some could have played less than others ?
Think he will be ok now as the cut-off point for 10 bookings is game 37.

1710170235703.png

arthur

We have 9 games left - if we repeat our points haul from the last 9 games (11 points) that will get us to 52 points at season's end. If you repeat this process for the other teams: Cheltenham and Fleetwood would end up with 45, Port Vale 35, Carlisle 26. Shrewsbury would also get to 52, while Burton (50) and Cambridge (47) would also end up below us, so there's a decent cushion. I realise this won't happen but gives us grounds for optimism based on current form.
Despite us being half way to my March points prediction, I think we'll do better than this (above) and finish with the same number of points as last year and quite possibly more..

Bridgy 81

And with those 9 games to go we’ve currently scored 29 goals and conceded 52.
At season end last year it was 64 and 68 respectively.
Not hard to see where the problem has been in 2023/24.