• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley at the game yesterday?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
nice thoughts but i think Mr Grimes time with us is almost at an end........................
I suspect you're probably right hence why Ryan's on his way back anyway.

Avening Posse

I suspect you're probably right hence why Ryan's on his way back anyway.
Has to be surely ?, big gamble but he is without doubt gifted, if he's on loan it gives us the chance to have a proper look before any permanent decision is made, I like pretty much everybody else has accepted Grimes will be sold in January, so my dream ticket would be a deal where he is loaned back for the remainder of this season with Harley in the same team

motorservices

Has to be surely ?, big gamble but he is without doubt gifted, if he's on loan it gives us the chance to have a proper look before any permanent decision is made, I like pretty much everybody else has accepted Grimes will be sold in January, so my dream ticket would be a deal where he is loaned back for the remainder of this season with Harley in the same team
That would be an awesome alround deal, thats as long as we get what he is worth rather than ECFC prices, id like to think we get a min of 500k for him with add ons and sell on and maybe full international fee aswell, or a cool million in one hit and loaned back for the rest of the season

flakey pasty

That would be an awesome alround deal, thats as long as we get what he is worth rather than ECFC prices, id like to think we get a min of 500k for him with add ons and sell on and maybe full international fee aswell, or a cool million in one hit and loaned back for the rest of the season
I doubt we'll ever know how much we'll get for him, MS.
I wonder how many posters on here will put their neck on the line and predict the price tag?
I'll go £600,000 + £50,000 per every 20 appearances up to 60 + £100,000 if picked for the full England team.
But there again, I know feck all.

motorservices

I doubt we'll ever know how much we'll get for him, MS.
I wonder how many posters on here will put their neck on the line and predict the price tag?
I'll go £600,000 + £50,000 per every 20 appearances up to 60 + £100,000 if picked for the full England team.
But there again, I know feck all.
true, the club wont release it, id like to see the following

500k up front
loaned back for rest of season
25k for every 20 first team starts
150k if the club win the league and he plays more than 20% of games
20% sell on
and 200k if he plays for the full England squad in qual and 500k if its a tornie

im dreaming i know, but the likes of Matt Grimes is a once in a blue moon player to come through our setup and we need to make sure we get the most we can

Im sure within 5 yrs he will be first name on the England team sheet

GeraintJones

Harley and Noble struggled in the same team last time they were both here, good news if Harley signs though.
Struggled so much we ended up 8th in League One.

Last edited:

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is completely wrong in my opinion. We often look utterly ineffectual when Grimes plays deep. Teams regularly sit somebody on him even when he does play deep anyway with Hartlepool and Bates being one example. The further forward we can get him the better - he is very good at making time for himself and worming out of tight situations. If anything I'd like to see him at the top of a diamond but he is completely wasted in our side holding...particularly when we don't have forwards with the pace to capitalise on his ability to play long raking and accurate (!) balls over the top...him with Cureton would have been devastating at our level..
No I disagree. Grimes' game is about him collecting the ball off of the defence and turning it into attacks.

Well-known Exeweb poster
pt has already publicaly said he's worth at the very least a mil. so thats the min i' m expecting. anything lower and they aint getting value but in fairness iv'e always been impressed with what they've got 4 our yung uns george ect ect.

muppetdodger

No I disagree. Grimes' game is about him collecting the ball off of the defence and turning it into attacks.
This is correct. He can play nearly anywhere on the field and be effective, but he is best in front of the back 4 distributing the ball. With Harley in front it could be awesome!

Grecian_Jay

pt has already publicaly said he's worth at the very least a mil. so thats the min i' m expecting. anything lower and they aint getting value but in fairness iv'e always been impressed with what they've got 4 our yung uns george ect ect.
I let most of your illiterate nonsense go but how can you spell etc wrong?!

On topic then isn't it refreshing to see Tisdale bring in new players and not revert to ex-players, oh wait a minute...