• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley at the game yesterday?

If Harley signs it's got to be good news even if we get 50% of the quality he showed in L1 a while back.

Say what you like about Tisdale but he always got the best out of SRH. He needs to be given a free role with sercombe and Grimes in behind.

If harley signs it's not definite Grimes will leave in January but it does seem more likely.
I must admit that I would love to see what damage those 3 together in that formation could do to the opposition and I think it could be devastating with the right players up top and maybe with Scot Bennett sat in an Anchor Man role in front of the back 4 to win headers and tackle and play it simple to Grimes.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Why? We've always had a money situation that hasn't been great and haven't been shafted in the past. Which players - possibly Harley apart - do you think we've had to let go at below market value?

I agree entirely with your belief that we won't necessarily get Tisdale's valuation, but given what our better youngsters have gone for in the past I see no reason to believe we won't get a decent fee for Grimes.
Ronnie Jepson still grates with me, stolen by 'Uddersfield :mad:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why? We've always had a money situation that hasn't been great and haven't been shafted in the past. Which players - possibly Harley apart - do you think we've had to let go at below market value?

I agree entirely with your belief that we won't necessarily get Tisdale's valuation, but given what our better youngsters have gone for in the past I see no reason to believe we won't get a decent fee for Grimes.
Tbf, when we sold the likes of Friend, Moxey and Seaborne, our financial situation was much better than it is now (albeit still relatively modest to alot of clubs). At that time, Tisdale wasn't in the press bemoaning our financial situation to bring players in and there was not PFA loan and embargo situation either.

This will most likely influence any offers we get from clubs for Grimes. I expect, however, we will hold out as much as possible. It's academic anyway as the fee will most likely be undisclosed, so we can all have something else to debate/ argue about.

malcolms

Ronnie Jepson still grates with me, stolen by 'Uddersfield :mad:
It was the fact that he "grated" with half the female population of Exeter that gave Bally an issue...a sort of ginger haired Alex I.....all of course, allegedly....or understood on a second hand basis.... :)

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tbf, when we sold the likes of Friend, Moxey and Seaborne, our financial situation was much better than it is now (albeit still relatively modest to alot of clubs). At that time, Tisdale wasn't in the press bemoaning our financial situation to bring players in and there was not PFA loan and embargo situation either.

This will most likely influence any offers we get from clubs for Grimes. I expect, however, we will hold out as much as possible. It's academic anyway as the fee will most likely be undisclosed, so we can all have something else to debate/ argue about.
were our finances better?, they've said that they've had pfa loans b4, and gave the impression they were something they've done and handled quite a few times b4 just never told us about them. and given this new phase of transparency professed by the club, i'm hoping/expecting they will announce transfer fee's

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
were our finances better?, they've said that they've had pfa loans b4, and gave the impression they were something they've done and handled quite a few times b4 just never told us about them. and given this new phase of transparency professed by the club, i'm hoping/expecting they will announce transfer fee's
Well who knows, but the point I am making still stands as there were no negative noises re finances at the club during that time, whereas now it's widely known we haven't got a pot to **** in.

Also if you seriously think we'll be told the exact fee we receive, should Grimes leave, then you will be disappointed.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I let most of your illiterate nonsense go but how can you spell etc wrong?!

On topic then isn't it refreshing to see Tisdale bring in new players and not revert to ex-players, oh wait a minute...
no one actually cares what you think jay, your boring, your negative your mundane repetitive city knocking dribble frankly is just dull and imo unwelcome

so go away and get some metal health advise and/ or find a team and a club you actually like.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well who knows, but the point I am making still stands as there were no negative noises re finances at the club during that time, whereas now it's widely known we haven't got a pot to **** in.

Also if you seriously think we'll be told the exact fee we receive, should Grimes leave, then you will be disappointed.
will we?, we'll see, they are the ones announcing this new transparency thing .But other clubs also know we can survive as we are, its just a short term cash flow situation and we dont have huge pressing debtors. taggy and tis have made a stance WE DON'T NEED TO SELL, and clubs will be aware of that and i'm sure we wont be shy in telling them that when and if the negotiations start.

andrew p long

should we have the discussion about Grimes - where he will go and for how much - on a different or new thread?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
will we?, we'll see, they are the ones announcing this new transparency thing .But other clubs also know we can survive as we are, its just a short term cash flow situation and we dont have huge pressing debtors. taggy and tis have made a stance WE DON'T NEED TO SELL, and clubs will be aware of that and i'm sure we wont be shy in telling them that when and if the negotiations start.
New transparency thing??? Sorry you've lost me. Has it ever been announced by the club that they will divulge transfer fees and contract lengths etc?

Also is it just a "short term cash flow situation"? In fact you don't have to owe millions to go into administration. Look at Hereford United.