• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley at the game yesterday?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not really a problem because he doesn't have to fit them all in at the same time. Noble has rarely started a game thus far. Its about options. Plus I think we can safely say Grimes is off in January and Harley is about as good a replacement as any.
Not sure you can say having 3 very similar players in terms of style gives you a glut of options. Especially when you consider we still have Davies on the books as well. All seems very one dimensional.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harley has the ability to unlock defenses, play killer passes and score wonderful goals.

If the rumours are true then a cracking signing for us going forward provided we get him fit.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harley every day of the week for me, the guy is capable of winning you football matches on a regular basis.

Will be a cracking signing if he is fit and ready to go.
.Aint played for 8 months and was a bit part player b4 that 4 2? ish seasons , so I'm guessing it could be ages maybe towards april ,may? time b4 we get any consistency and we'll have to adapt all to him to get the type of return we all remember. Still it's in tis we trust, big call imo.

grecIAN Harris

Harley has the ability to unlock defenses, play killer passes and score wonderful goals.

If the rumours are true then a cracking signing for us going forward provided we get him fit.
Couldn't agree more. It would also let Grimehino play a bit deeper where he can conduct the play and have a bit more time to do. If you want a decent example of this, Jack Wilshires last couple of games for England over any of his recent performances for The Arse.

motorservices

If this is true then im sure Matt Grimes will be gone in Jan, although both are very very good it means that Sir Ryan will replace Grimes, we get lots of cash and also a player that will continue to aid the forwards scoring, win win in my eyes

Bittners a Legend

It would also let Grimehino play a bit deeper where he can conduct the play and have a bit more time to do. If you want a decent example of this, Jack Wilshires last couple of games for England over any of his recent performances for The Arse.
This is completely wrong in my opinion. We often look utterly ineffectual when Grimes plays deep. Teams regularly sit somebody on him even when he does play deep anyway with Hartlepool and Bates being one example. The further forward we can get him the better - he is very good at making time for himself and worming out of tight situations. If anything I'd like to see him at the top of a diamond but he is completely wasted in our side holding...particularly when we don't have forwards with the pace to capitalise on his ability to play long raking and accurate (!) balls over the top...him with Cureton would have been devastating at our level.

As for Harley - sometimes frustrating but undeniably one of the most gifted players I've seen play for ECFC and it is indisputable that Tisdale got the best out of him. Whether he will be able to do it after two years of almost no first team football who knows but I'd be more than willing to give him the opportunity.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

But with Harley in front of him Bitts, who do they concentrate on? To much focus on Grimes and Harley tears them to shreds and vice versa. A balance on both of them would be insufficient and they'll both tear 'em to shreds.

geoffwp

loving the imagery Ian. Lets hope it happens. Bring it on Tis.

motorservices

But with Harley in front of him Bitts, who do they concentrate on? To much focus on Grimes and Harley tears them to shreds and vice versa. A balance on both of them would be insufficient and they'll both tear 'em to shreds.
nice thoughts but i think Mr Grimes time with us is almost at an end........................

Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does
Midfield of Noble, Harley and Sercombe. That's progress for you.
Harley and Noble struggled in the same team last time they were both here, good news if Harley signs though.