• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley at the game yesterday?

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah could be good but he's hardly played all season and has been on the fringes of first team footie for?,,, well almost since he left us , i reckon i'll take a good few months b4 we see anything like the old harley

and replace grimes,,, really cant see that somehow,,he dont get stuck in and drop deep like grimesy does and his OVERALL distribution aint as good, in the box yes, but overall not. but anyway, if true he's still a welcome addition

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
tbh i'de sooner have nicholls
Harley every day of the week for me, the guy is capable of winning you football matches on a regular basis.

Will be a cracking signing if he is fit and ready to go.

Last edited:

manc grecian

Midfield of Noble, Harley and Sercombe. That's progress for you.

jimbo-gould

I'm not sure how true this is. The only reason he said it was because someone else on Twitter who doesn't look like he'd have the sauces to be in-the-know said so. Happy to be proved wrong though. Haven't City in the past seemed like they wait for Thursday and the E&E to make the big announcements too, or am I making that up in my mind?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ha ha yeah, perhaps we could get Logie back then we're really in business!

Last edited:

LOG

How long is Noble here for? I had a (very) quick look but none of the new stories seemed to say.

As for Harley, when did he last play a competitive match? I guess that if this is true and being lined up because the club know that Grimes is going in January then it does at least give him some time to get match fit.

manc grecian

How long is Noble here for? I had a (very) quick look but none of the new stories seemed to say.

As for Harley, when did he last play a competitive match? I guess that if this is true and being lined up because the club know that Grimes is going in January then it does at least give him some time to get match fit.
Think Noble is here for the foreseeable isn't he? Oldham only re-signed him to help us out so I'm guessing that he'll continue to be on loan all season or it will be made permanent in January.

What's Les Afful up to?

ECFC_George

As for Harley, when did he last play a competitive match?

15th March 2014

Bristol City 0-0 Swindon

I am concerned with the influx of midfielders. As I have said on previous threads, to fit in Noble we have to move Grimes as Noble likes to play in the middle, leaving Grimes out on the left, where he is less effective. Similarly, Noble is less effective than Grimes in that position. Anyone who saw the Luton game would know that Grimes dictated that game and the way we played, it was mesmerising stuff. To bring in Harley (if true) is another backward step. Granted he will look to play in a more advanced position, but will look to play central, yet further shoving Grimes out on the wing.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am concerned with the influx of midfielders. As I have said on previous threads, to fit in Noble we have to move Grimes as Noble likes to play in the middle, leaving Grimes out on the left, where he is less effective. Similarly, Noble is less effective than Grimes in that position. Anyone who saw the Luton game would know that Grimes dictated that game and the way we played, it was mesmerising stuff. To bring in Harley (if true) is another backward step. Granted he will look to play in a more advanced position, but will look to play central, yet further shoving Grimes out on the wing.
Not really a problem because he doesn't have to fit them all in at the same time. Noble has rarely started a game thus far. Its about options. Plus I think we can safely say Grimes is off in January and Harley is about as good a replacement as any.