• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think you're forgetting Sam Parkin?!
Until he spoke about being at Exeter on the Quest EFL show, a couple of seasons ago. Yes. I had to look it up on Wiki.:D

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
In recent years we have really had only two decent strikers, Cureton and Stockley.

I think defending at the lower league level has improved over the last 10-20 years and there simply isn't the talent available.

Remember that Bowman was the second highest scorer in L2 last season, which says it all really.
Watkins !!!

Reuben Reid was decent as well.

Alistair20000

As the agent for Marcus Haber I am a tad disappointed to see no recognition of his great achievements in Grecian colours. :(

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
In recent years we have really had only two decent strikers, Cureton and Stockley.

I think defending at the lower league level has improved over the last 10-20 years and there simply isn't the talent available.

Remember that Bowman was the second highest scorer in L2 last season, which says it all really.
Nardiello was pretty decent when he was fit.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tom Nichols, decent league 2 striker.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He works tirelessly which creates space and opportunity for others. Whether he's scoring or not he's a handful and opposition centre halves know they've been in a game. He'll get some goals again, just on a dry spell at the moment. Its what he does for the team as a whole that warrants him keeping his place. I'd sooner have a Bowman type who works non stop and helps create opportunities for others, than a lazy arse striker who does F-all for 90 mins but bags a goal every other game.
This was applicable last season and the season before however it isn't this season.

His work rate is down big time and quite often he hasn't been anything like a handful for opposing players. That is my main criticism of Bowman this season, OK his goals to game ratio is absolutely shocking however I'm more annoyed by his general play, it's been very poor.

The goals the likes of Jay and Randall have scored this season have generally had very little to do with Bowman being on the pitch.

Randell Williams hasn't scored this season, by the logic you are demonstrating I presume you are blaming some of this on Bowman ??

Ash

Sorry, I wasn’t suggesting you’d said it or made anything up. If anything, I was encouraging you to make something up about an argyle player 😉

What you say is true of course, my point is why would we do it to one of our own? Some people will do it, but for instance if Manc hadn’t posted it on here I’d have had no idea about it, and maybe there’s lots like me.

I’m not saying posting it on here is crime of the century, or that Manc is in some way unusual in spreading gossip about a footballer, I’m just saying it’s unnecessary, disrespectful to a current City player (or his wife) and, in football parlance, a potential own goal - so why would we do that?
I wouldn't make anything up about anyone, even an Argyle player.
Although I did see someone who resembled Luke Jephcott walking out of a brothel the other day.....

Ash

Fisher is currently out with hamstring problems though.
That might well give big Ryan a reprieve then!

Rosencrantz

We have had quite a few decent strikers over the last ten seasons or so and a handful of very good to excellent strikers, Curo, Jayden, Ollie. At the moment we have a decent to good striker going through a lean spell.

STURTZ

Wheeler scored a lot of goals for a midfielder!