• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

StudentGrecian

I think the reluctance to drop Bowman is more of a reluctance to change a system that is grinding out results.
You can’t stick Ajose or Seymour up top alone, you’d need to switch formation. Whilst it’s working, I’d stick with Bowman. For what it’s worth I rate him and think it’ll come good for him sooner rather than later.

SDRighton

I think the reluctance to drop Bowman is more of a reluctance to change a system that is grinding out results.
You can’t stick Ajose or Seymour up top alone, you’d need to switch formation. Whilst it’s working, I’d stick with Bowman. For what it’s worth I rate him and think it’ll come good for him sooner rather than later.
Isn't it already "later" though?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you wanted to pick a time when Bowman lost his direction it would have to be that colossal f*** up at wembley when clean through just before half time he completely lost his cool (somewhat comically). During the semis he was a star!

Grecian Max

I mean if he's scoring elsewhere with that big head, fair figs to him!

grecianstew

During the semis he was a star!
Really?? For 209.5 minutes he was completely absent. A star for a few seconds I will concede.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I mean if he's scoring elsewhere with that big head, fair ***** to him!
Too much info matey, I don't want to know about Bowman's big head !!

🤮

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It doesn't matter where the goals come from so whilst we're on good form there's no need to drop him. He works tirelessly which creates space and opportunity for others. Whether he's scoring or not he's a handful and opposition centre halves know they've been in a game. He'll get some goals again, just on a dry spell at the moment. Its what he does for the team as a whole that warrants him keeping his place. I'd sooner have a Bowman type who works non stop and helps create opportunities for others, than a lazy arse striker who does F-all for 90 mins but bags a goal every other game.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd sooner have a Bowman type who works non stop and helps create opportunities for others, than a lazy arse striker who does F-all for 90 mins but bags a goal every other game.
I'd take a 23 league goals a season man every day of the week.

tonykellowfan

In recent years we have really had only two decent strikers, Cureton and Stockley.

I think defending at the lower league level has improved over the last 10-20 years and there simply isn't the talent available.

Remember that Bowman was the second highest scorer in L2 last season, which says it all really.

Grecian Max

In recent years we have really had only two decent strikers, Cureton and Stockley.
Think you're forgetting Sam Parkin?!