• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Dacre Holloway

Scotty

People like Dacre make ECFC so bleedin special. We are all one big family and were a man down today! Sad sad news. Keep watching up there Dacre...
RIP

Poundstretcher

I can't believe I am reading this. Dacre was one of the first people I met at a first work party - in the early days when a Sunday morning would mean eight of us spending two hours to sweep-up the ground: Dacre (along with Pete Bish) was at the helm, as he clearly was of so many things Grecian.

I have been lucky enough to avoid coming too close to the shadow of death during my life so far, but I don't think I have ever been so stunned, or shocked, by the announcement of a passing.

Rest In Peace.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Once again, dreadfull news to wake up to.

Sincere condolances to relatives and friends.

RIP Ghurka Boy.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Terrible news.

Was never able to go to a workparty for various reasons, but always wanted to.

Will have to make some kind of pilgrimage and finally put this wrong right.

R.I.P Dacre, a true Grecian who epitomised ECFC and the trust run ethic.

:(

Pete Martin (CTID)

could someone who knew him well perhaps post a photo......

RIP Gurkha Boy​

RHINO

rip gurkha boy​
a very proud grecian!

City Blue

Finally, I'd just like to thank everyone who has ever attended work parties, stayed for after game clean ups, took part in Grecian Goal or simply just turned up at the ground to help Dacre out. I know that he appreciated anyone who was willing to come down and help, and it meant a lot to him that so many people did so.

Pete Holloway
The work parties were always an absolute pleasure, knowing you could help out and they were always the better for the food and drink Dacre organised for us. He spoilt us really and we will miss him.

Sweeping up after the game this Saturday just won't be the same.

All best wishes to you and your family Pete.

Last edited:

whiff

What very, very sad news. I can't claim to have known Dacre well but like so many people involved with Exeter City he was someone I knew to say hello to. However, long I have been away from Exeter and the park he was the sort of familiar face I would look forward to seeing. As others have already said he was the sort of unsung, behind-the-scenes hero that is easy to take for granted but he was a huge part of the reason why Exeter City is now so much more successful on and off the pitch. Like everyone else my thoughts go out to his family and friends.
Chris Whiffin

elginCity

Very saddened to learn of this.

Condolence to Dacre's family.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
just echoing what everyone else has said.without people like dacre,there would be no exeter city today.condolences to his family and friends.once again brings everything into perspective