• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Dacre Holloway

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~1476075,00.html

On the official site now. Very very sad news, RIP Ghurka Boy.

newburygrecian

A very sad day indeed. Dacre was one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet and his efforts in helping the club sort out its facilities can't be underestimated.

RIP Dacre.

Ian Sideman

Holy sh*t, that is just terrible terrible news. All thoughts are with his family. Deepest condolences.

Do we know what happened?

Brian Moore

Very, very sad news. Dacre was a lovely bloke who will be sadly and greatly missed by everyone who had the honour to know him. What he did for ECFC was absolutely phenomenal, he encapsulated everything ECFC is about and will be irreplaceable. God bless you Dacre, RIP.

City Blue

Am so shocked. An absolutely smashing bloke, who put so much time and effort into the club and the many work parties. They won't be the same without him.

I will miss his Cat & Fiddle barbecues.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:

flakey pasty

What a terrible shock.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Bl**dy hell, that's a major shock.

My first contact with him was when he sent me a ticket for the Kings Lynn FA Trophy match after it turned out I could get there after all (and he couldn't). He refused payment, instead telling me to chuck a few quid in the Bucket. Typical of the man.

RIP Dacre, and best wishes to your family and your (many) friends. City has lost someone who typified the efforts to get the club back on its feet post '03.

I presume there will be a minute's silence on Saturday? I will certainly pay my respects from afar.

barry sansom

Very shocked to hear of this, very sad news indeed. Dacre was a straight talking guy and a very honest and unselfish individual who worked tirelessly for the Club he loves.

One of City life's stalwarts and a pleasure to have known. Cheers mate :(

DaveE

Very very sad news. Top bloke. Work parties won't be the same without him.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I never met him but as it says on the Official Site the Park always looks fantastic because of him. Echo the thoughts of everyone else on this one.

RIP