• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Dacre Holloway

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Damn, a Friday. I work all day Fridays. I could, and certainly wouldve attended if it were this time on a Monday-Thursday

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would just like to say that I hope the funeral can go as well as it can do this afternoon and that he gets the terrific Grecian send off he so deserves.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'll certainly take a little time out at 2:45 for some quiet reflection.

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Well we are home and what a privilage to be involved in today. The service was very fitting to Dacre and the turnout to say goodbye to a great,great man was superb.
On arriving at the crematorium it was good to see all the red and white of family, friends, players, fans, the board, the coaches, and some that we don't always see at the club but often take for granted. Dacres hat on top of his coffin was a great send off and very moving.
At the club everyone had the opportunity to say a few words about Dacre if they wished and after a lovely speech from his sister in law, a fair few people took the opportunity to do so. People that went to school with him, college, forces and those related to ECFC. All this time photos of Dacre were projected on to a screen so we could all remember him.

The club wished to give something back to Dacre and were planning to provide food, drinks and venue for today. They managed the venue, Dacre beat em to it and in his will had left money for all his family, friends and colleagues to 'have a party'.

A few tears were shed today and it was very evident what he meant to everyone that knew him.

RIP Dacre and 'Cheerio'

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree with Nursey regarding it being a privilege to be part of the day, for it truly was an honour to be able to send off our friend in such a warm fashion. Of course he would probably have scoffed at all the fuss, but all the same I was proud to be there today and feel proud to have known him.

Thank you Dacre.

David Treharne

Support both the above postings. As is so often the case I realised that despite thinking that I knew him there were great chunks of his life about which I knew very little. An excellent turn out and the sort of wake that you don't get to go to very often.

Last edited:

oldcity

Support both the above postings. As is so often the case I realised that despite thinking that I knew him there were great chunks of his life about which I knew very little. An excellent turn out and the sort of wake that you don't get to go to very often.
May I also add. That I found out yesterday that Dacre was even a better Man than I believed, to hear that as David says "there were great chunks of his life about which I knew very little." and he threw everything into these just as he did with City, Where did he get the energy?

I too feel proud to be able to say cheerio to Dacre in such a way, I know he would have said it was too much fuss I think he would have enjoyed the fact that we did celebrate his life in the way we did.

The Family did him proud, and I would like to thank them for the time they took to speak to the many who wanted to speak to them. A sad day yet with so many positives and happy memories a fitting tribute to our friend.

Thank You for being a part of our lives Dacre and god bless and rest in peace.

Brian Moore

Have to agree with everything that has been said, it was a fittingb tribute to a marvellous man. Frances description of the job spec for Dacre's "replacement" made you think even more just what we are all going to miss. Dhanyabaad Dacre.