• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Dacre Holloway

Exehausted

You were right Nursey, the response he got was magnificent. It was also nice that at half time Fullsy read out a thank you from Colin the coach driver's family when they expressed their thanks for all the messages of appreciation, especially the letter sent by Kirsty Bowden. I sit a few rows back from Kirsty and her mum and she was clearly very upset when this was read out. Two great, largely unsung heroes that make supporting this club so special.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
You were right Nursey, the response he got was magnificent. It was also nice that at half time Fullsy read out a thank you from Colin the coach driver's family when they expressed their thanks for all the messages of appreciation, especially the letter sent by Kirsty Bowden. I sit a few rows back from Kirsty and her mum and she was clearly very upset when this was read out. Two great, largely unsung heroes that make supporting this club so special.
It was a fantastic tribute, brilliantly received. I also agree it was nice to hear from Colin's family, but far from wanting to moan on such a wonderful thread (that has brought a lump to my throat a few times now), please, please can the club pause the CD in future when reading something relevant. I didnt hear a word of the letter from Colin's family, because if I strained to hear it I was the deafened by the music after every sentence.

Red Lion

please, please can the club pause the CD in future when reading something relevant. I didnt hear a word of the letter from Colin's family, because if I strained to hear it I was the deafened by the music after every sentence.
Have to agree David, I didn't hear a word of anything to do with that.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I stayed on today to help clear up as a tribute to Dacre and his work for the club, and my son pointed out to me how many people were around the ground. At 8 years old he was there helping pick up the rubbish. Isn't this a sign of the future and how Dacre wanted things. RIP Dacre, and I'm sure you were looking down today

The Stig

I would have stayed on to help the work party, but I was really busy. Dacre would understand!

I did manage to pop out and see how many people there were, and it looked like twice as many as usual, which is great to see! Hopefully these extras won't just make it a one match thing, and do it every game.

The minutes applause was fantastic, really moving. I know that if Dacre was there he'd shrug it off or make up some excuse to leave; he was never one to say 'look at me'.

He epitimised what a trust owned club meant, and he is the perfect role model for young kids.

Words cannot describe what a wonderful man he was, a true gentleman. He will be sorely missed by all.

R.I.P Dacre, hopefully we'll make it back to back promotions for you, and the Old Grandstand will stay standing for the next 80 years.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would have stayed on to help the work party, but I was really busy. Dacre would understand!

I did manage to pop out and see how many people there were, and it looked like twice as many as usual, which is great to see! Hopefully these extras won't just make it a one match thing, and do it every game.

The minutes applause was fantastic, really moving. I know that if Dacre was there he'd shrug it off or make up some excuse to leave; he was never one to say 'look at me'.

He epitimised what a trust owned club meant, and he is the perfect role model for young kids.

Words cannot describe what a wonderful man he was, a true gentleman. He will be sorely missed by all.

R.I.P Dacre, hopefully we'll make it back to back promotions for you, and the Old Grandstand will stay standing for the next 80 years.
I personally, am quite happy to stay on after every game to help clear up. What's 10 minutes? I don't have to rush anywhere. So from now will be there helping

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I had to drive back to the 'English Riviera' to work likie I always do after home games now, but I always enjoyed the work parties I attended, first off with Pete Bishop and then Dacre. I am playing a match myself tonight at 8pm and will be wearing a black armband for Colin, Dacre and the two city players also

Hunterwasmyhero

Haven't been doing clearing up since Sunday mornings stopped but decided to spend 10 minutes, together with someone I sit with, to help clear around the area, that I was sat in yesterday. Normally I would head straight for the bar and then wait 10 to 15 minutes to get served so instead we have decided that we will do something useful for the 10 minutes and then go inside and get served right away.

If there are others here that do the same thing, think about doing what we did yesterday, or even better don't drop it in the first place. Amougst the items I picked up yesterday were a cup, teatowel, program, 2p and an unopened can of cider!

Poundstretcher

Haven't been doing clearing up since Sunday mornings stopped but decided to spend 10 minutes, together with someone I sit with, to help clear around the area, that I was sat in yesterday. Normally I would head straight for the bar and then wait 10 to 15 minutes to get served so instead we have decided that we will do something useful for the 10 minutes and then go inside and get served right away.

If there are others here that do the same thing, think about doing what we did yesterday, or even better don't drop it in the first place. Amougst the items I picked up yesterday were a cup, teatowel, program, 2p and an unopened can of cider!
My personal all-time favourite finds were a bunch of someone's junk mail and tickets for the London Eye - each to their own, granted, but to leave it in the Doble Stand?!

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
I liked Dacre very much. He was always getting stuck in and he had a no nonsense attitude that resonated with me somewhat.

Keep watching from the grandstand in the sky mate!

Oli