• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plym**th away tickets

Legohead

Banned
I joined the Trust and also the Disabled Supporters Club not long before our game with Argyle this season and at the time I didn't know about how the priority system worked.

I was actually expecting to wait for the tickets to go on general sale when I was notified I was able to purchase online. I was surprised to discover that being a Trust member entitled me to priority over non trust members and i was delighted to get a ticket as I had already planned a short break down in Exeter with the family so not getting a ticket would have been really disappointing.

I joined the Trust because I want to be a small part of the club not due to ticket priority.

I am not going to Argyle and have no intention of buying tickets to sell on to anyone else either. I hope everyone who wants to go to Argyle gets to do so.

Personally I do feel that fans who rack up the most away games should be given priority for away game tickets and season ticket holders should be given priority for home tickets. That's fair. Trust members get last priority before general sale.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I joined the Trust and also the Disabled Supporters Club not long before our game with Argyle this season and at the time I didn't know about how the priority system worked.
I was actually expecting to wait for the tickets to go on general sale when I was notified I was able to purchase online. I was surprised to discover that being a Trust member entitled me to priority over non trust members and i was delighted to get a ticket as I had already planned a short break down in Exeter with the family so not getting a ticket would have been really disappointing.

?? That cant be right according to the link given as you would have to have had 3 years continuous membership of the Trust OR be a signed up member before the fixtures were released and as you say you only signed up for the Trust not long before our home game with the gaws in October ??

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dunno, but for the very rare occasions it's an issue i don't personally think it's worth the effort of trying to design, implement and enforce a new priority system.
Also, whatever system you have, someone will say it's not fair.

Legohead

Banned
?? That cant be right according to the link given as you would have to have had 3 years continuous membership of the Trust OR be a signed up member before the fixtures were released and as you say you only signed up for the Trust not long before our home game with the gaws in October ??
I could be mistaken Ramone but i'm sure this was the case. I did think it a bit weird at the time as I thought that anybody desperate for tickets could just sign up the Trust for minimum and then buy a load of tickets. I remember waiting for general sale and then being suddenly able to purchase tickets but indicating that it was due to some priority status.

I strongly believe thought that the more away points you accumulate this should give you priority for away tickets.

Ash

Priority 1 would be 16 away games, 2 would be 15 away, 3 would be 14 away, etc. Down to say 5. Then open up to others.
That's getting pretty complicated. And anyone who attends 16 away games every season is surely a Trust member anyway. And if not, why not, goddamit!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also, whatever system you have, someone will say it's not fair.
Quite. And to be clear, I don't have any major issues with the current system. My only point was that if we were seeking to further refine it, more could be done to ensure those that had been Trust members for less than three years were treated more equitably.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would assume the qualifications for getting tickets for games at the Park aren't quite as rigorous as for away games, where availability is likely to be less.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would assume the qualifications for getting tickets for games at the Park aren't quite as rigorous as for away games, where availability is likely to be less.
As Lego said he was notified that he was able to buy tickets for the gaws game this year as a priority member even though he himself has only been a member for 4 months or so.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Lego said he was notified that he was able to buy tickets for the gaws game this year as a priority member even though he himself has only been a member for 4 months or so.
Think his original post was referring to the game at the Park - at least, that's the way I read it.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think his original post was referring to the game at the Park - at least, that's the way I read it.
Yeah , he signed up in oct and now has a ticket for the away game as priority member.

Gold: Supporters who hold three or more years of continuous membership of Exeter City Supporters’ Trust (at the time of the fixtures release for sale or a cup fixture is drawn).
Silver: Supporters who are fully paid-up members of Exeter City Supporters’ Trust (at the time of the fixtures release for sale or a cup fixture is drawn). This recognises Exeter City Supporters’ Trust as the primary group.
According to that 4 months membership shouldn't be priority ?