• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plym**th away tickets

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Would longer away travel give a higher priority ? Say if someone were to travel from deepest Cornwall to Carlisle on a Tuesday night be better off than someone who had travelled from say Dalston for the exact same game.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
How would you monitor who'd been to an away game?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How would you monitor who'd been to an away game?
Either ticket stubs, or tickets are bought online.

JayPob94

Would longer away travel give a higher priority ? Say if someone were to travel from deepest Cornwall to Carlisle on a Tuesday night be better off than someone who had travelled from say Dalston for the exact same game.
Good idea. I think supporters who attend the most games (home and away) should have first say... so there must be a way to monitor this. Then as you say monitor who is travelling the furthest. Surely the club have thought about this but maybe it’s too difficult to actually implement...

LOG

Either ticket stubs, or tickets are bought online.
That would appear to be the only way with ticket arrangements as they currently are but it would be an administrative nightmare open to abuse.

Also, how would it work if Argyle away was, for example, the second away match of the season?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That would appear to be the only way with ticket arrangements as they currently are but it would be an administrative nightmare open to abuse.

Also, how would it work if Argyle away was, for example, the second away match of the season?
How do other clubs cope? I believe Argyle operate this system.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good idea. I think supporters who attend the most games (home and away) should have first say... so there must be a way to monitor this. Then as you say monitor who is travelling the furthest. Surely the club have thought about this but maybe it’s too difficult to actually implement...
And problematical in other ways. How do people get to the games? Who has the largest carbon footprint?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
FWIW I think it's right and proper that priority is given to Trust members.

If I had a complaint it would be that someone who's been a Trust member for three years plus can currently buy up to four tickets, which they can proceed to pass on to whoever they like. At the same time, someone who's been a member of the Trust for a day less than three years can't, at this point in time, buy a single ticket.

Furthermore, what incentive does it give people to join the Trust if they have to wait three years before they become a Gold member?!

Last edited:

LOG

How do other clubs cope? I believe Argyle operate this system.
Dunno, but for the very rare occasions it's an issue i don't personally think it's worth the effort of trying to design, implement and enforce a new priority system.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
FWIW I think it's right and proper that priority is given to Trust members.

If I had a complaint it would be that someone who's been a Trust member for three years plus can currently buy up to four tickets, which they can proceed to pass on to whoever they like. At the same time, someone who's been a member of the Trust for less than three years can't, at this point in time, buy a single ticket.
Didn't actually know there was a time limit v ticket limit for Trust members.
Anyway I think I've got it sussed ….. Sign up for the Trust £24 a year buy 1 ticket for the furthest away game whoever that may be and I would become numerounobigball$topbananasuperfan and look down on mere Gold supporters !