• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plym**th away tickets

supernova

Zoo corner back open and only one block of segregation....

Legohead

Banned
Yeah , he signed up in oct and now has a ticket for the away game as priority member.

Gold: Supporters who hold three or more years of continuous membership of Exeter City Supporters’ Trust (at the time of the fixtures release for sale or a cup fixture is drawn).

Silver: Supporters who are fully paid-up members of Exeter City Supporters’ Trust (at the time of the fixtures release for sale or a cup fixture is drawn). This recognises Exeter City Supporters’ Trust as the primary group.

According to that 4 months membership shouldn't be priority ?
I think we've got our wires crossed Ramone. I don't know if I have priority for the away game as i'm not going but I've just logged onto the ticket site now just to check for the away game and it is letting me purchase now if I want to. Are they on general sale already? I did get priority though for the home game at SJP I believe. I'm as confused as anyone.

I am led to believe there is a priority status for being in the disabled supporters club but i have no idea what that is.

Legohead

Banned
I got an email today saying i was a silver member and I could buy. Not sure if we are any clearer now. :ROFLMAO:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I think we've got our wires crossed Ramone. I don't know if I have priority for the away game as i'm not going but I've just logged onto the ticket site now just to check for the away game and it is letting me purchase now if I want to. Are they on general sale already? I did get priority though for the home game at SJP I believe. I'm as confused as anyone.

I am led to believe there is a priority status for being in the disabled supporters club but i have no idea what that is.
There you go then your limited time membership to the Trust has given you at least minimum Sliver status , which was the point I was trying to make if you have had a notification from the club.

And yet if you read the posted text it says silver priority is before the fixtures list which yours wouldn't have been as you had only signed up shortly before the home game.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
There you go then your limited time membership to the Trust has given you at least minimum Sliver status , which was the point I was trying to make if you have had a notification from the club.
Yeah I guess so. It's all bloody confusing to me. :unsure:

Surely there must be a way of revamping the system to ensure it's fair for everybody as even though I was able to get a Argyle home ticket I don't think it's fair that i can get Argyle away tickets over fans who may have been to a lot more games than me. I tend to go to about 40-50% of away games and maybe 3-4 home games a season on average.

In my defence I only went to Argyle home game because it happened to coincide with half term school holidays otherwise i would not have gone to that game so it's not like i signed up specifically to get tickets for big games. I'll go to whatever game fits around when i can get regardless of opposition and i won't make a special effort to get just because it's Argyle et al. :)

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah NP but anyone who followed the link may have read it the same way as me and worked out (like previous big games) you had to be a Trust member for some time previously.
The shakeup I think was after the man utd game where people were signing up for the Trust when we had the game announced and were getting tickets as a fully paid up member who had never been to SJP.
Which is strange as it was then I stopped being a paid up Trust member when someone who I knew had never been to a home game was stood in the local with a handful of tickets selling them for stupid amounts of money.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster

And yet if you read the posted text it says silver priority is before the fixtures list which yours wouldn't have been as you had only signed up shortly before the home game.
There's a missing apostrophe and ambigous grammar in the priority page text and this, I think, is causing the confusion.
"(at the time of the fixtures release for sale or a cup fixture is drawn) "
should read
"(at the time of the fixture's release for sale or when a cup fixture is drawn)"
The time of the fixture's release for sale is when the announcement is made giving purchasing details for that particular fixture.

Legohead would have had silver priority status the minute his Trust application had been processed.
This was before the Argyle puchase details were published so his silver priority had already started in good time for that game.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
So I did read it correctly and as you say a missing apostrophe would make a lot of difference to the entire context.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah NP but anyone who followed the link may have read it the same way as me and worked out (like previous big games) you had to be a Trust member for some time previously.
The shakeup I think was after the man utd game where people were signing up for the Trust when we had the game announced and were getting tickets as a fully paid up member who had never been to SJP.
Which is strange as it was then I stopped being a paid up Trust member when someone who I knew had never been to a home game was stood in the local with a handful of tickets selling them for stupid amounts of money.
I think this was actually for the first Liverpool home game in 2011 (the one they won 3-1) and it annoyed me intensely at the time.

The Man Utd game had its own quirks as we didn't have an integrated ticketing system and very little time to organise.
I remember it had a three queue method.
Queue 1 to have your priority status verified against a spreadsheet (membership of other groups other than the Trust also had priority).
Queue 2 to pay for your tickets.
Queue 3 to collect the tickets.
(Then a lot of paper shuffling, stapling and sorting involved to have verification slip, receipts and ticket stubs put together for the club sales record).

I sincerely hope that the Liverpool 'join the Trust and get your tickets' method is never, ever repeated.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a missing apostrophe and ambiguous grammar in the priority page text and this, I think, is causing the confusion.
"(at the time of the fixtures release for sale or a cup fixture is drawn) "
should read
"(at the time of the fixture's release for sale or when a cup fixture is drawn)"
Is anyone going to correct this? I assume this is so obvious it doesn't need to be approved by the Club and Trust Boards?