• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm thinking that MT would make a mistake if he decided to take the Rotherham job. The risk/reward to his reputation is not attractive enough. If he struggles, as he might, he could be out within a few months. I also believe he owes City more than accepting the first serious offer he gets.
How do you know the risk/reward is not worth it? We have no idea what he currently gets paid, or what he’s been offered at Rov’rum.

Even if he got sacked after 6 months he could be set for life.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
How do you know the risk/reward is not worth it? We have no idea what he currently gets paid, or what he’s been offered at Rov’rum.
Probably offered the Freedom of Rov'rum !

haka

He could be out in a few months in any job. Even if it was in the National League South.

But if we look at 24 options in the Championship, and take out the ones that think they're Too Big for the likes of Exeter's manager, and the ones that are dysfunctional serial sackers, and the ones that aren't likely to be available any time soon, then there aren't many good options left.

Bridgy 81

So who will then?
I’ll do it.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't quite see how he can't accept now having announced that he's been offered the job. I'm not sure many other clubs would be quick to offer him a job if they knew he'd announce the fact in the press and then turn them down.
Easy. Just say no.

dontpassback

He doesn't owe us anything!

There is no evidence to suggest that this is the first serious offer he's had.
I do believe he was contacted by Charlton,but they seem to be a basket case and garner isn’t ripping up league one,so he swerved that one,perhaps he thinks Rotherham are a better option,we will have to wait and see

dommers

Easy. Just say no.
Of course he could just do that but not sure any other will be rushing at his door in the future if he plays it out in the media as he has done and apparently he's ambitious

fred binneys head

He didn’t mention it when he was courted by Charlton and Lincoln. Someone from Rotherham has leaked this. He’ll be fine.

geoffwp

Of course he could just do that but not sure any other will be rushing at his door in the future if he plays it out in the media as he has done and apparently he's ambitious
Oh my goodness, apparently he's ambitious. How dare he be ambitious, we don't need people with ambition at our club, just the very thought of it is enough to ruin my day. No, leave that awful word out of things pleeease.

Grecian Max

Even if he got sacked after 6 months he could be set for life.
Set for life?! How much are Rotherham paying 😂