• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is turning into transfer deadline day thread.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is turning into transfer deadline day thread.
As Spock would say "It's worse than that Jim ..................................."

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing when MT mentioned 24 hours he meant his usual "3 weeks" !

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He said he'd make a decision within 24 hrs, he didn't specify when his decision would be announced

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing when MT mentioned 24 hours he meant his usual "3 weeks" !
I would presume if he was staying the club would have said as much by now.

We won't hear anything today.

Reactions: WXF

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm thinking that MT would make a mistake if he decided to take the Rotherham job. The risk/reward to his reputation is not attractive enough. If he struggles, as he might, he could be out within a few months. I also believe he owes City more than accepting the first serious offer he gets.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm thinking that MT would make a mistake if he decided to take the Rotherham job. The risk/reward to his reputation is not attractive enough. If he struggles, as he might, he could be out within a few months. I also believe he owes City more than accepting the first serious offer he gets.
He doesn't owe us anything!

There is no evidence to suggest that this is the first serious offer he's had.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plus he is obviously 2nd or third choice

dommers

I don't quite see how he can't accept now having announced that he's been offered the job. I'm not sure many other clubs would be quick to offer him a job if they knew he'd announce the fact in the press and then turn them down.

Also I can't help but feel with 6 tough games in the next eight and a shortage of players the table might look very different and he won't viewed as positively as an option.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also sounds like MT was "tapped up" on Thursday perhaps before permission was given ?