• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

gilbertshoot

Probably already been said (can't be arsed to read back through all the posts) but if we were to lose him.......Rotherham??!!
I'd expect at least a Portsmouth or a Real Madrid

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Set for life?! How much are Rotherham paying 😂
No idea, I’d seen somewhere the average Championship manager salary is >£800k, but let’s imagine it’s half that at £400k.

If he gets sacked 6 months in and gets paid out the remainder of his salary then I’d say he’s fairly well setup.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rotherham are a decent enough step above us in terms of infrastructure and budget but without the pressure you’d get from the bigger sides top end of League One and mid ranking Championship sides. I can see why he’d need time to think over just immediately accepting it - say Bristol City came in for him I think he’d jump straight away as an example. But they are still beyond us - they’ve built up well in recent years.

SaintJames

No idea, I’d seen somewhere the average Championship manager salary is >£800k, but let’s imagine it’s half that at £400k.

If he gets sacked 6 months in and gets paid out the remainder of his salary then I’d say he’s fairly well setup.
Generally speaking aside from the Premier you dont get your contract paid up. You get a lump sum and then get paid until you get yourself another job

Grecian Max

If they did offer him that (this is Rotherham after all not a parachute club - there’s a big skew I’d imagine with that) which would be surprising but fair enough, then he still need to keep working, he’s only hit the big time money wise if with one of the ex prem teams in that league.

This comes down more to what he can achieve on the pitch than money IMO.

Grecianpasty

If you take the financial element out of the equation, it's a risky move. Regardless of their position right now, Rotherham will still be considered one of the favourites for relegation whoever comes in next. For MT to up and move at this stage of the season both personally and professionally the job looks much less appealing.

I would like to see City offer him a counter contract offer. He deserves that from the club at the very least.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you take the financial element out of the equation, it's a risky move. Regardless of their position right now, Rotherham will still be considered one of the favourites for relegation whoever comes in next. For MT to up and move at this stage of the season both personally and professionally the job looks much less appealing.

I would like to see City offer him a counter contract offer. He deserves that from the club at the very least.
A bigger salary for MT ain't gonna help with his playing budget.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Wayne Carlisle won’t be taking over 😉
Correct, he will be following Matt

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Set for life?! How much are Rotherham paying 😂
Set for life is 10k per month for 30 years isn't it?

Grecian Max

Set for life is 10k per month for 30 years isn't it?
How have you arrived at this figure?!