• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Guess decision announcement embargoed until MT gets to Rotherham ?
Yeah, it's not his job to announce the appointment so the delay means he is definitely going. If he had turned them down we would have heard by now.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Guess decision announcement embargoed until MT gets to Rotherham ?
still looking for a Rotherham scarf in JD Sports it appears :)

i8cornwall

I would assume if MT had made the decision to go (and I fully believe he will) then tbe hold up is probably now down to the legal stuff and between Us and Rotherham and any compensation they might owe us or even just as simple as the press being more available on a Monday instead of a Sunday.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
My thoughts too he is probably one of the most open, honest and straight talking manager I have known over the years of supporting City.
I wonder which of those excellent character traits it is that dommers doesn't like?🤔

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would assume if MT had made the decision to go (and I fully believe he will) then tbe hold up is probably now down to the legal stuff and between Us and Rotherham and any compensation they might owe us or even just as simple as the press being more available on a Monday instead of a Sunday.
Agreed I think we will probably have to wait until tomorrow before we know for sure.

tom_ecfc

Wayne Carlisle won’t be taking over 😉
Thanks for that Mr Tagg 😉

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wayne Carlisle won’t be taking over 😉
So who will then?

Last edited:

Christian

Sometimes you just have to take the opportunity. Some people saying why move as they will never get in the Prem. The ex Rotherham boss did a great job and has dropped a league for a far bigger job at a huge team. It’s not all about the Prem. Matt stock is high and you have to take it. He will always be a legend at ECFC and would be welcome back so already has his safety net 😀

dontpassback

So how will then?
FBH,I would have a guess that it will be either someone who is at the club like Nicholson or someone up and coming from National league,either way it maybe a risk

Matt Russell

So how will then?
You'd think with only three letters, you could get them in the correct sequence 🙂