• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January in Tisdale's words

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why is it a "non question" mate? I would have thought it was a valid one?
I would assume because further up Lister says the question was asked and Tis said he wouldn't discuss it? I guess if no answer is forthcoming then it's a non question, plus I would suggest to include it wouldn't exactly show either the questioner or Tis in a particularly good light.
'So Tis, who are our players that other clubs are interested in?'
'Not telling, it's a secret.'
'Oh...'

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Love the bit about how Tis met Bertie. :)

LammieLammieLammie

I would assume because further up Lister says the question was asked and Tis said he wouldn't discuss it? I guess if no answer is forthcoming then it's a non question, plus I would suggest to include it wouldn't exactly show either the questioner or Tis in a particularly good light.
'So Tis, who are our players that other clubs are interested in?'
'Not telling, it's a secret.'
'Oh...'
Ah, OK, I read Listers comment a different way than you.

Garth.Crooks

LammieLammieLammie

Stop trolling.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

stalker alert!

No seriously mate, I thought Lister meant it was a non-question in that it whoever the Echo reporter was down there on Thursday was wasting his time asking Tis that question.

Last edited:

Lister

stalker alert!

No seriously mate, I thought Lister meant it was a non-question in that it whoever the Echo reporter was down there on Thursday was wasting his time asking Tis that question.
As Ant guessed Lammie: -

'Who are our players that other clubs are interested in?'
'I'm not going to discuss that' (or words to that affect)

Also, we don't/can't use the questioners voices hence the answers with the swooshes in between (although I think the basis of the question is usually easy to work out), so including a clip of 'I'm not going to discuss that' wouldn't have made sense.

It would have most definitely been a good clip had Tis gone on to explain why he wasn't going to discuss the issue.

Last edited:

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Love the bit about how Tis met Bertie. :)
You can imagine how I felt hearing that story. Always been a big fan of the Frenchman. What a strange and very well-told story.

No spoilers please! ;)

Oli

Also, we don't/can't use the questioners voices
Why not? When other press conferences are on TV/radio you get them all.

FAN-TATIC

I'm picking this out from the Norrie thread.

I always think it's best to hear someone say something to get its true meaning. The comments in today's Echo can be heard in Red and White, available to listen for free here. There's a great comment about why he needs to keep his phone on in January :)
I would not disagree with this part of your statement Lister. However, Tis could simply have said ' I was prepared to take the risk of losing Ryan on a free transfer in the summer" End of story.

However, he chose to make a comparison with the Matt Gill situation last season. It is IMO reasonable to assume from that action that City received offers for Matt Gill in the January window, which they turned down because Tis felt (correctly as it turned out) that we had a great chance of promotion if Matt stayed until the end of the season. Why else would he have made that specific comparison?