• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January in Tisdale's words

Lister

Interesting comments by Tis in the E
and Echo where he states that he is prepared to take the risk of losing Ryan in the summer on a free transfer in much the same way as we did with Matt Gill.

Gill went after we had won promotion to L1. I am more convinced after reading that, that Tis strongly believes we can make the play-offs and he wasn't prepared to lose Ryan whilst that was a possibility. Hence this could have led to the sudden resignation of the CEO. Just my HO.
I'm picking this out from the Norrie thread.

I always think it's best to hear someone say something to get its true meaning. The comments in today's Echo can be heard in Red and White, available to listen for free here. There's a great comment about why he needs to keep his phone on in January :)

ecfc01

With Harley or No Harley play off places are NOT in reach, However it does determine a relegation battle or not

We are 4 points of playoffs and 4 points off relegation Battle. So keep Harley

Last edited:

Lister

This Sunday's show is cracking, there's no other way to describe it, and I apologise for the blatant plug!

We went to spend an hour with Tis, and he and Joe talked about anything and everything, from the early days at the club to how he first met Bertie!

Check out the teaser.

Remember, you need a Grecian Player to listen to Red and White Sunday now so check out the official site for details.

Rog H K

With Harley or No Harley play off places are NOT in reach, However it does determine a relegation battle or not

And this to win at Wembley!;)

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember, you need a Grecian Player to listen to Red and White Sunday now so check out the official site for details.
Well there's a surprise, the clique, talking to the clique.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

don't think we will get into playoffs but whilst gap is single figures it is still something to strive for, last season we were never that close. as it stands today chances of top six / bottom four are very close.

Drew Peacock

If he doesnt cash in. He is a f*cking idiot.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Paul Tisdale said twice? that Ryan wasn't the only player that we've had enquires for. Why didn't the interviewer ask who the other players were? if Paul Tisdale didn't want to reveal anything, like who they were, surely he wouldn't have said what he did. Again city are busy encouraging us to give them our wedge and keen enuf to take it, but not so happy to keep us informed.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It amused me that Tisdale said he is the last to know about potential offers. Agents first, then the player concerned, then the other players. Then him! *-)

Lister

Why didn't the interviewer ask who the other players were? if Paul Tisdale didn't want to reveal anything, like who they were, surely he wouldn't have said what he did. Again city are busy encouraging us to give them our wedge and keen enuf to take it, but not so happy to keep us informed.
So so wrong 007. That audio was from the public press conference on Thursday, and the Echo guy did ask who else was being bid on, Tis said he wouldn't be discussing that. It wasn't worth including as it was a non question and a non answer (Did the Echo report the question and answer?).

And, it's my call as to what goes in R&W Lite ...

Sorry!