• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hiram Boateng - Yes or No?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is more the general point. We do need some kind of creative influence in the middle of the park. The only way we can get it at the moment turns Exeweb into meltdown by playing 3-5-2 (which has helped wrestle control of the game back in our favour in recent games) and Matt Jay at the front of the midfield three. In a 4-4-1-1 system we play now, we have nothing.
So excluding wingers, who would your midfield three be?

STURTZ

Actually he hit it, albeit the outside of the post.

IndoMike

Actually he hit it, albeit the outside of the post.
Mis-goal

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
No. One of the complaints about the previous manager was signing players that used to play for us, plus he's nothing special. There's much better out there.

grecIAN Harris

You previously said he was going stale, now you are saying his performances this season have been better.

Make your mind up Ian.
Just to make easy for you, he has been usurped by Collins. There isn't room in the side for the two. He's been here for seven years. Collins is the future. Time for Taylor to move on and allow us the opportunity to either promote or get somebody in who offers something a bit more creative, which is what our side is currently missing from central midfield. Taylor is an average player who works hard, gives his all and, as I said earlier in this thread, needs a new challenge for himself to reinvigorate his own game. If he needs a move to to be reinvigorated, does that not suggest that he is getting a bit stale where he currently is?

grecIAN Harris

So excluding wingers, who would your midfield three be?
Is that with Jay playing as part of the three or Jay playing up front?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
You tell us Pep.

:rolleyes:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just to make easy for you, he has been usurped by Collins. There isn't room in the side for the two. He's been here for seven years. Collins is the future. Time for Taylor to move on and allow us the opportunity to either promote or get somebody in who offers something a bit more creative, which is what our side is currently missing from central midfield. Taylor is an average player who works hard, gives his all and, as I said earlier in this thread, needs a new challenge for himself to reinvigorate his own game. If he needs a move to to be reinvigorated, does that not suggest that he is getting a bit stale where he currently is?
What absolute garbage.

Jake Taylor has scored 6 goals this season and he has 5 assists.

Just to make it easy for you, he's had a good season.

Also you claim Boateng has a cutting edge to his game as an attacking player, his stats this season are shocking. Zero goals and two assists !! Compare and contrast those numbers to Taylor's and then remember to add into the mix that Taylor offers hell of a lot more defensively.

Last edited:

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also you claim Boateng has a cutting edge to his game as an attacking player, his stats are dreadful this season.
I tend to agree. Has the same number of assists as Atangana and I think has scored the same number of goals too. For an attacking midfielder that is not setting my pulse racing.

IndoMike

It's your selection.
You said you want 3-5-2
I'm interested to see who your 3 midfielders would be (not including the wingers) and yes, the two strikers. It's fair to say you want 3-5-2, but what about the personnel?