• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs MK D*ns build up thread

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absolutely moronic article. One can only assume he's used mindless dickheads to acknowledge himself.
Lest we forget that Old Stu was an alleged regular traveller in the Tagg Mobile for away games. Not a good look for a supposed independent minded Journalist.
As an aside, when did Tisdale a mere head coach of just the footballing side of ECFC, become the fella who transformed the club from top to bottom?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The article in question.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/boo-not-boo-question-paul-2487419

I'm not exercised by this. It's presented mainly in a favourable light to Tis but that's not surprising and it's clearly the personal view of the author, nothing more.

I share some of his misgivings about the sour taste of the departure and disagree with him mainly in that IMO it was principally Tis' fault that it ended the way it did, as far as I know he made little attempt to mend fences and he and SP seemed to be outraged that mere supporters dared question the terms of his employment by the business they (the supporters, in the form of the Trust) owned.

Also I agree that it was unfortunate of Mr James to use the word "dickheads" in an article calling for respect... and might point out that Tis made an obscene gesture to us fans at Cambridge last season.

But I shan't lose any sleep over it.

Oldsmobile-88

Lest we forget that Old Stu was an alleged regular traveller in the Tagg Mobile for away games. Not a good look for a supposed independent minded Journalist.
?
The times I have gone away(most games in a 15 year period) When I have seen Stu James he always travelled with Kirky,Matt Bamsey & Cheggars...Never seen him in Taggys motor.

muppetdodger

By the looks he was referring specifically to the chant that reared its head on Saturday as reported on here, and about which his description was matched by several Exewebbers.
I don't doubt it, but for a 'journalist' to call for respect and then call a section of the fans 'dickheads' is a very sad indictment of where our local reporting has got to. Not exactly setting an example is he!

Oldsmobile-88

Thought it was hilarious that Stu James on devonlve says that tisdale deserves respect and no name calling and yet in the same article he calls a section of our fans 'dickheads'. Pathetic journalism, never mind the fact that he highlights all the successes under tisdale and says very little about the bad bits, let alone tisdales complete lack of respect for the fans.
Stuart James never pulled punches writing about the Grecians & Paul Tisdales tactics on the many a poor performance at SJP & odd recruitment policy..Certainly not a yes man for the football club,he always writes it as it is.
Like or loath Tisdale,there were some good times during his tenure & it’s right to highlight them.

Forever7

Thought it was hilarious that Stu James on devonlve says that tisdale deserves respect and no name calling and yet in the same article he calls a section of our fans 'dickheads'. Pathetic journalism, never mind the fact that he highlights all the successes under tisdale and says very little about the bad bits, let alone tisdales complete lack of respect for the fans.
Point taken and admittedly a poor choice of words. I will change the copy.

But on a day that news breaks Sol Campbell has been subjected to homophobic abuse and welcomed criminal action against the perpetrators, calling A VERY SMALL number of ECFC "fans" dickheads for calling our former manager a "paedo" last weekend is pretty small fry... Perhaps that should serve as a warning there will be some very eagle-eyed people about this weekend and such slanderous name-calling could land you in serious trouble...

EDIT: For the record, I only ever ONCE travelled to a game with Taggy, but for a fair few years, when the club had its financial issues, the WMN and Echo would take club staff (not Taggy) to away trips in pool cars. Something which is now reciprocated by the club. Taggy has done more for the club than anyone I know. But even if I did travel with the club chairman, then so what?! It's quite nice having company for long car journeys rather than travel alone!

Last edited:

muppetdodger

Stuart James never pulled punches writing about the Grecians & Paul Tisdales tactics on the many a poor performance at SJP & odd recruitment policy..Certainly not a yes man for the football club,he always writes it as it is.
Like or loath Tisdale,there were some good times during his tenure & it’s right to highlight them.
As I say I don't disagree, its just his call for respect and then calling people dickheads that is laughable.

muppetdodger

Point taken and admittedly a poor choice of words. I will change the copy.

But on a day that news breaks Sol Campbell has been subjected to homophobic abuse and welcomed criminal action against the perpetrators, calling A VERY SMALL number of ECFC "fans" dickheads for calling our former manager a "paedo" last weekend is pretty small fry... Perhaps that should serve as a warning there will be some very eagle-eyed people about this weekend and such slanderous name-calling could land you in serious trouble...
Well said. they may well be dickheads but asking for respect is difficult when you call them that and not 'the mindless few' for example is a bit tricky!

Forever7

Well said. they may well be dickheads but asking for respect is difficult when you call them that and not 'the mindless few' for example is a bit tricky!
True! Hence me coming on here to clarify! If there is ANY Exeter City supporter offended by that use of phrase, I can only apologise. I am merely referring to those that sung the paedo song, no one else, which I think is abhorrent. And as I say, hopefully the events at Cheltenham with Sol Campbell will warn them off a repeat this weekend.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
True! Hence me coming on here to clarify! If there is ANY Exeter City supporter offended by that use of phrase, I can only apologise. I am merely referring to those that sung the paedo song, no one else, which I think is abhorrent. And as I say, hopefully the events at Cheltenham with Sol Campbell will warn them off a repeat this weekend.
Fair enough. Though I doubt if anything will stop the unpleasant chants, people [think they can] hide in a crowd.