• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs MK D*ns build up thread

StudentGrecian

Is there really going to be applause or boos for Tisdale anyway? It’s not like he will be paraded around for us all to show him if we liked him or not, he’ll come out not to long before the teams when everyone will be clapping them on anyway!
If we’re losing the anti tisdale chants will start because that’s just frustration and football, unsure why we are so bothered as a supporter base what reception he gets...

Last edited:

Exehausted

JMT: Will he be fit? Doubt it, but if he is he's one of our own and was fantastic for us for five seasons. Can't blame him for doubling his salary. I'm sure, like Deano he'll be back one day. Good applause.
Harley: Applause of appreciation for the fantastic memories that he created. I expect him to be .up against Archie if he plays. Archie will be too young and hungry for Ryan and will mark him out of the game.
Wheeler: Again, applause of appreciation. One of our most consistent performers of recent years. If he starts, he deserves respect but I expect Kane Wilson to be too young and hungry for him. I'm not overly worried.
Simpson: Total indifference. Not the worst striker I have seen in a City shirt over the last 52 years, but in the top five. Even if he's on the bench I doubt he will come on. If he does he won't trouble our central defenders. He wont score a 95th minute winner.
For once I called it right, it must be the first time ever! I must admit that when I saw the team and Matt had dropped Kane, after what I thought was a brilliant game last week and brought back Woody I did worry a bit. No need to have though, Wheeler had one poor effort at goal and that was about it, apart from fouling our players. Virtually invisible. I thought that Ryan rarely got close to Archie and when he did Archie was far too good for him, again virtually invisible.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kane looked a lot better on the right when he came on, he should never play left back as he did last week.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Can't see how the manager effects that quite frankly. Either players respond to a crowd or don't regardless of who might be standing in the technical area.
Some of it is going to be down to the players, but I also think Taylor is trying to bring a different type of player from a lot of Tisdale signings. I don't think if Tisdale had stayed we would have signed Aaron Martin, Lee Martin, Nicky law or forte for example.

I do agree that if someone is going to get stick it shouldn't be about subjects like pheadophiles clearly, but I also think that while we can sometimes be loud on the bank we are still tame in comparison to some. If Tisdale had managed Leeds, mill wall, Cardiff for example I am sure that one, he wouldn't have lasted 12 years and two, would have got a lot more vocal criticism than he did.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Kane looked a lot better on the right when he came on, he should never play left back as he did last week.
I've said that many times. I don't think it's fair to play a loan player out of position.