• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs MK D*ns build up thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that anybody prepared to use the term paedo as an everyday insult is a dick head. The crime is truly horrific, to use the term loosely is to cheapen the gravity of the offence, to use it as part of an anonymous group is cowardly, irresponsible and ignorant.

malcolms

True! Hence me coming on here to clarify! If there is ANY Exeter City supporter offended by that use of phrase, I can only apologise. I am merely referring to those that sung the paedo song, no one else, which I think is abhorrent. And as I say, hopefully the events at Cheltenham with Sol Campbell will warn them off a repeat this weekend.
I'm not sure it's the job of a local newspaper journalist to lecture supporters on how to behave. I agree that the more moronic element in all football crowds should not be encouraged, but to suggest that they 'go easy' on an ex manager or ex player is swimming strongly against the historical tide, particularly when their behaviour has been dubious if not to say duplicitous...

Stelios

I think that anybody prepared to use the term paedo as an everyday insult is a dick head. The crime is truly horrific, to use the term loosely is to cheapen the gravity of the offence, to use it as part of an anonymous group is cowardly, irresponsible and ignorant.
Spot on (y)

Was Stu James the guy who Pasoti were trying to ban from Argyle etc earlier this season after he upset them? He was 'outed' as an Exeter fan I believe and they kicked up an almighty stink. Let's not sink to their level.

It's just a game of football. Show Tisdale some appreciation, give him grief or just ignore him. But there is a line that does not need to be crossed.

denzel

The article is fair enough, but I must have missed the bit about Tisdale transforming the pitch. Did he spend his spare time going up and down the pitch with his mower? In between putting in the planning application and building two new stand single handedly...
I just want to move on, to be almost on a par with them given their resources, and with a manager in his first one against one who has seen more than a dozen is a terrific achievement.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its going to be very cold and very bright on Saturday. The sun could play a part, particularly shooting towards the away end second half

CityTillIDie

"in front of the BB" ie on the pitch. If I meant in the BB that's what I'd have put. Try reading what is in front of you.
My mistake hahaha ;(

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
No problem. All good.

100milesaway

Unless you cannot read you shouldn't have missed my comment.
Is there any need to say that?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree Peadophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to children often resulting in the abused child’s life subsequently being totally destroyed.

Any individuals mindless enough to chant this have to be brain dead, uneducated ignoramuses and regardless of their passion for all things City, disgrace the name of the Club.

IndoMike

The article is one-sided and therefore incomplete: it omits the issues which made many supporters annoyed with him, and that is not only the often poor team selection and dull football.
The fact that City employed Tisdale for so many years after his last success indicates that the club was more than fair. Also it was City who by hiring him put him on the road to a decent managerial career : a fact that Tisdale seems to have forgotten when he said in a national newspaper that his career had been held back at City.
Tisdale became far too big for his boots, arrogant, disrespectful to the club and fans. He thought he was a big shot. So lets see how long he lasts at MKD.
Stu James- we don't need your advice about how to treat an ex-manager and nobody will give a damn about your opinion anyway, since we already know DevonLive has been a Tisdale sycophant for a long time, in addition to being a poor excuse for a news media.
Finally, only a small group of fans amongst thousands would hurl abuse at Tisdale - you get them everywhere - just as there is a small group of biased journalists in any news media.
Enjoy the match. Up the City!