• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs MK D*ns build up thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Point taken and admittedly a poor choice of words. I will change the copy.

But on a day that news breaks Sol Campbell has been subjected to homophobic abuse and welcomed criminal action against the perpetrators, calling A VERY SMALL number of ECFC "fans" dickheads for calling our former manager a "paedo" last weekend is pretty small fry... Perhaps that should serve as a warning there will be some very eagle-eyed people about this weekend and such slanderous name-calling could land you in serious trouble...

EDIT: For the record, I only ever ONCE travelled to a game with Taggy, but for a fair few years, when the club had its financial issues, the WMN and Echo would take club staff (not Taggy) to away trips in pool cars. Something which is now reciprocated by the club. Taggy has done more for the club than anyone I know. But even if I did travel with the club chairman, then so what?! It's quite nice having company for long car journeys rather than travel alone!
Not a poor choice of words at all in fact in describing the individuals you are referring to I would be inclined to use far stronger words. Such behaviour was inexcusable and totally reprehensible.

100milesaway

Totally agree Peadophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to children often resulting in the abused child’s life subsequently being totally destroyed.

Any individuals mindless enough to chant this have to be brain dead, uneducated ignoramuses and regardless of their passion for all things City, disgrace the name of the Club.
It’s not a psychiatric disorder generally. It’s a perversion. I understand what you are saying but a psychiatric disorder might imply the pervert is not responsible for their actions. That’s usually not the case which is why (thankfully) they go to jail rather than mental health ward.

100milesaway

I must add, I totally agree with everything else in your post. That chanting is a disgrace.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
You are wrong. It is classified as a psychiatric disorder.

100milesaway

Yes I think I got that wrong.

A disorder but those that commit it are generally responsible for their actions and therefore go to prison - unlike other disorders where they would be detained under the Mental Health Act

Last edited:

100milesaway

Whatever, nobody can be chanting that stuff at innocent people.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s not a psychiatric disorder generally. It’s a perversion. I understand what you are saying but a psychiatric disorder might imply the pervert is not responsible for their actions. That’s usually not the case which is why (thankfully) they go to jail rather than mental health ward.
Sorry but cannot agree it is first and foremost a mental disorder and without wishing to get too heavy non-heterosexuals do not choose to be as they are but in such cases it is of course not a mental disorder but a matter of an in balance of their genes something they cannot change and have no control over.

We all have Male and Female genes and I would suggest that a Male bereft of any Female genes would be a totally obnoxious individual.

100milesaway

I stand corrected on my original post!
I’ve done some reading up which I may have been wiser to do PRIOR to posting

But all decent people agree it’s not something anyone has the right to chant at an innocent person.

100milesaway

Sorry but cannot agree it is first and foremost a mental disorder and without wishing to get too heavy non-heterosexuals do not choose to be as they are but in such cases it is of course not a mental disorder but a matter of an in balance of their genes something they cannot change and have no control over.

We all have Male and Female genes and I would suggest that a Male bereft of any Female genes would be a totally obnoxious individual.
I guess I’d sum it up like this:
The thoughts are a disorder
The actions are a crime.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess I’d sum it up like this:
The thoughts are a disorder
The actions are a crime.
.........Fairenoughski.