• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs MK D*ns build up thread

Gordon Dale

Billy the Fish : You could be right about your 1-1 prediction . Ash : interesting word 'decent' ...defined as 'following generally accepted standards of morality or respectability' On that basis I consider ECFC to be a very decent club which has to function in a football world that persistently displays aspects that are less than 'decent'.

As for this week's match ..of course I want 'city' to gain a long overdue win against MK . However...winning isn't everything , wanting to win ( which Matt and Eric's teams consistently display ) is . I'd rather see us playing attractive football , doing things in style and with a flourish ...not waiting for the opposition to die of boredom.

Larry Wilkie

Made a booboo - ordered my ticket online but opted to pick up at the booth (facepalm). Let's hope everyone else is having theirs posted
G-N-H, give the club a ring. They are always very helpful. I'm sure they will post it to you and just add the delivery charge to the card you have registered.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
G-N-H, give the club a ring. They are always very helpful. I'm sure they will post it to you and just add the delivery charge to the card you have registered.
Might just do that thanks Larry

Ash

Billy the Fish : You could be right about your 1-1 prediction . Ash : interesting word 'decent' ...defined as 'following generally accepted standards of morality or respectability' On that basis I consider ECFC to be a very decent club which has to function in a football world that persistently displays aspects that are less than 'decent'.
Actually Gordon, I meant decent as in 'of an acceptable standard; satisfactory.'

Ash

You can sit back and watch the fun unfold if you like. The row is inevitable but joining in is not compulsory.
Hmmm, maybe I'll just wait and see which side looks most like winning on the day, then join in with them ;)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hmmm, maybe I'll just wait and see which side looks most like winning on the day, then join in with them ;)
I remember a cartoon in Punch, c. 1970, of a vendor at a footy game with a placard:

"Support the winning team: Buy a reversible rosette!"

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly very likely what is wrong with these lot, stop crying if someone says something majorly inappropriate sing louder and ignore it if they carry on tell em to F off but most likely they won’t if they are drowned out by actual chants and songs! If you hate RL then keep it to yourself they do wonders for the atmosphere and am personally looking forward to the display they have planned, if they were gone the atmosphere would be dire!I might even move stands and join in! Without them it would be pure moaning and groaning! This forum is just city supporters slating city supporters sometimes:(
"in front of the BB" ie on the pitch. If I meant in the BB that's what I'd have put. Try reading what is in front of you.

muppetdodger

Thought it was hilarious that Stu James on devonlve says that tisdale deserves respect and no name calling and yet in the same article he calls a section of our fans 'dickheads'. Pathetic journalism, never mind the fact that he highlights all the successes under tisdale and says very little about the bad bits, let alone tisdales complete lack of respect for the fans.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought it was hilarious that Stu James on devonlve says that tisdale deserves respect and no name calling and yet in the same article he calls a section of our fans 'dickheads'. Pathetic journalism, never mind the fact that he highlights all the successes under tisdale and says very little about the bad bits, let alone tisdales complete lack of respect for the fans.
Absolutely moronic article. One can only assume he's used mindless dickheads to acknowledge himself.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
By the looks he was referring specifically to the chant that reared its head on Saturday as reported on here, and about which his description was matched by several Exewebbers.