• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cheltenham Town. Matchday Thread.

red1

Will Aimson. Take a bow. He was immense AGAIN today.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just watched a vlog put up by a Cheltenham fan. He was very complimentary about our city and our team.

DawlishBouy

One thing I would say was that the minutes silence was immaculately observed.
Not on the Big Bank it wasn’t. In the flag waving and surrounding area lots of idiots making farting noises and lots of giggling boys and girls and the odd adult unable to keep quite for a minute.

citylad60

Just watched a vlog put up by a Cheltenham fan. He was very complimentary about our city and our team.
Got a linky thing

DawlishBouy

Got a linky thing
I don't think Isca does links but it's probably this one:

Grecian Max

One thing I would say was that the minutes silence was immaculately observed.
What was it for? We were running close to 3 and got shut out during it (a good tactic to avoid loud chatting tbf)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It does however add to the argument that we are far from the need to spend millions (that we haven't got) on building a new stadium, which a few have been militating for.
This was the first time in 6 or 8 matches that we haven't sold out the home ends so I think it's a bit early to say attendances have peaked and we don't need to find a way to increase capacity. Plus I think the seats were pretty much sold out which means the club lost revenue from people who would have liked to sit down but couldn't.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
What was it for? We were running close to 3 and got shut out during it (a good tactic to avoid loud chatting tbf)
The Morocco earthquake & Libyan floods.

Coppers

Pedro was getting it in the ear from GC. I think he wanted Pedro to show more intensity in his closing down. There was one time when Aimson came forward and had a speculative shot when he should have passed to Kyle or Pedro (why do people urge centre backs to shoot from distance) where Pedro switched off and didn't get back in position quickly enough (still showing frustration about not being passed to) and the goal kick was taken quickly to the position he should have been covering. GC was not happy. Pedro needs to find the balance between his sometimes rashness in flying in to tackles and showing the intensity needed in closing down. All part of a young player learning.
I thought it was Trevitt.

Rosencrantz

I thought it was Trevitt.
I think it was now you mention it. It was more Pedro's reaction, and GC's I was drawn to.