• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cheltenham Town. Matchday Thread.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the highlights I dont see how Scotts goal could have been offside. No shot.
You what?

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair enough - I missed that one as was in the pisser

Other than that he wasn’t up to speed for the role again - he needs to be played slightly deeper in my eyes

Rest of your post is very Harris 😂
I always use that excuse if I miss a goal or a great run of play max.;)
Have to say I disagree with the idea of resting Sonny, can't see how that will improve his play or his confidence. If anything he needs even more time. I think the manager was pleased with him as he gave him a big hug when he went off.

Grecian Max

I always use that excuse if I miss a goal or a great run of play max.;)
Have to say I disagree with the idea of resting Sonny, can't see how that will improve his play or his confidence. If anything he needs even more time. I think the manager was pleased with him as he gave him a big hug when he went off.
Had that annoying thing where I could “Oohhh” and “Arghh” from the crowd whilst I let 2 pints of cider release…

Makes my match report void tbf

Btw, I’ve been backing Cox non stop, today was the first time where I really wanted to see more

I've just watched the highlights on my laptop (at the bottom of page 17 of this thread) and paused it when Cole plays the pass. He is offside, just.
Me too! Just offside!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How are you on at Scott again 😂😂 Bloke has just come back injured, he did pretty much as expected
I get the point that he's just back from injury but if you take last season into account as well then overall he's not been good enough. Today he nearly cost us the points. If you give the ball away (twice) that carelessly in the middle of the park allowing the opposition to break then they're likely to score, unless your playing Cheltenham because they couldn't score if they were playing an under 11 side.

Grecian Max

Scott haters gonna hate

He’s had a good season so far

Grecianpasty

Cox had a fair game in my eyes. Got into some good positions in the box, but does need to see more of the ball. He will benefit hugely from these last two games. I'm sure he will start again on Tuesday, but will need to show more again.

I'm liking the borges cameo up top. His and Taylors energy is what every fan wants to see.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scott haters gonna hate

He’s had a good season so far
I'm not a hater of any of our players. Just say what I see and today he was sh!te and could have easily cost us the points. I also appreciate he had 2 good games at the start of the season and scored a couple.

Last season, well that's best forgotten.

Rosencrantz

Cox had a fair game in my eyes. Got into some good positions in the box, but does need to see more of the ball. He will benefit hugely from these last two games. I'm sure he will start again on Tuesday, but will need to show more again.

I'm liking the borges cameo up top. His and Taylors energy is what every fan wants to see.
Pedro was getting it in the ear from GC. I think he wanted Pedro to show more intensity in his closing down. There was one time when Aimson came forward and had a speculative shot when he should have passed to Kyle or Pedro (why do people urge centre backs to shoot from distance) where Pedro switched off and didn't get back in position quickly enough (still showing frustration about not being passed to) and the goal kick was taken quickly to the position he should have been covering. GC was not happy. Pedro needs to find the balance between his sometimes rashness in flying in to tackles and showing the intensity needed in closing down. All part of a young player learning.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought our best player today was Aimson. I know the defence didn't have their busiest day but Aimson was faultless with everything he did. Certainly my M of M.